The Student Room Group

Official: University of Surrey A101 2024 Entry Applicants

images.png

Welcome to the Surrey A101 GEM 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/medicine-graduate-entry?term=medicine

For entry requirements click:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/medicine-graduate-entry?term=medicine#entry

UCAT Threshold: 2300
Home places: 4, 2 held for deferred entry offer holders
Intl places: 50, 10 held for deferred entry offer holders

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chi chi5
images.png

Welcome to the Surrey A101 GEM 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/medicine-graduate-entry?term=medicine

For entry requirements click:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/medicine-graduate-entry?term=medicine#entry

UCAT Threshold: 2300
Home places: 4, 2 held for deferred entry offer holders
Intl places: 50, 10 held for deferred entry offer holders

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Hi,

On the UCAS website, it says that the course is not accepting applications for deferred entry.

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/bedbe508-a30a-43e6-bd66-14d94ac35c49?academicYearId=2024

Could you please confirm if 2 places are held for deferred entry holders still?

I am a mature student and really keen to study medicine. University of Surrey is my only choice (hope) that suits my circumstances - I am based in Surrey, have a family with caring responsibilities and work part-time.

I also want to understand my chances of getting accepted as a Home student in University of Surrey. I have an international Bachelors and Masters degree in Business Administration with 5 years corporate work experience. I also have recent 3 years experience as a carer.

How competitive are those 4 Home places? Do I have a chance at all?
Original post by dandelion05
Hi,

On the UCAS website, it says that the course is not accepting applications for deferred entry.

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/bedbe508-a30a-43e6-bd66-14d94ac35c49?academicYearId=2024

Could you please confirm if 2 places are held for deferred entry holders still?

I am a mature student and really keen to study medicine. University of Surrey is my only choice (hope) that suits my circumstances - I am based in Surrey, have a family with caring responsibilities and work part-time.

I also want to understand my chances of getting accepted as a Home student in University of Surrey. I have an international Bachelors and Masters degree in Business Administration with 5 years corporate work experience. I also have recent 3 years experience as a carer.

How competitive are those 4 Home places? Do I have a chance at all?

Hey yes they are unless those two applicants decide to withdraw their offer acceptance
They stated at open day that the interest was there but seemed relatively reasonable. You also have to meet wp criteria to be eligible
Hey yes they are unless those two applicants decide to withdraw their offer acceptance
They stated at open day that the interest was there but seemed relatively reasonable. You also have to meet wp criteria to be eligible

Thank you @Chi chi5

Is the widening participation criteria different than the sponsorship criteria?
Original post by dandelion05
Thank you @Chi chi5

Is the widening participation criteria different than the sponsorship criteria?

No the same x
anyone else apply to Surey?
Anyone here any news from Surrey?
anyone else apply to Surey?

I applied to Surrey but haven't really heard from them, wondering when interviews will be sent out
Original post by sidibrighton
I applied to Surrey but haven't really heard from them, wondering when interviews will be sent out

Should be some time this month from what they said at open day. They requested proof of qualifications and on the 1st and reviewed them last week so hopefully soon x
Should be some time this month from what they said at open day. They requested proof of qualifications and on the 1st and reviewed them last week so hopefully soon x

Oh goodness I didn't get the form - when was it sent out to you?
Original post by sidibrighton
Oh goodness I didn't get the form - when was it sent out to you?

They uploaded the request on the portal on the 1st.

Thanks very much

Is this the same as the Surrey Self-Service (that they gave us a link to when we submitted our applications?)
Original post by lucie_p_733

Is this the same as the Surrey Self-Service (that they gave us a link to when we submitted our applications?)

It is x
It is x

Oh right thanks! I haven't been asked to upload any documents, only been asked to 'confirm fee status' quite a few weeks ago. Under the supporting evidence section it just says 'no documents required'??

You said they requested proof of qualifications on the 1st Nov? Anyone else not been asked to upload anything either??
Original post by lucie_p_733

Oh right thanks! I haven't been asked to upload any documents, only been asked to 'confirm fee status' quite a few weeks ago. Under the supporting evidence section it just says 'no documents required'??

You said they requested proof of qualifications on the 1st Nov? Anyone else not been asked to upload anything either??

I wouldn’t read too much into it. It could be that they have all they need from your ucas application or they haven’t gotten to your application yet. Are you home or intl?
I wouldn’t read too much into it. It could be that they have all they need from your ucas application or they haven’t gotten to your application yet. Are you home or intl?

I'm a home student :smile:
Reply 17
Has anybody got interview invites ?
Original post by Abhi20026
Has anybody got interview invites ?

yesterday they said they hadnt sent any out yet but they will soon and interviews are in December, hopefully this week coming theyll be sent out x
yesterday they said they hadnt sent any out yet but they will soon and interviews are in December, hopefully this week coming theyll be sent out x

Thanks very much for this, the wait is quite awful I'd rather know my fate sooner even if it's not such good news..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending