Reply 62
Original post by spotify95
305 :biggrin:

Problem solved :smile:

WOOO!!!!! Thank you :biggrin:

Original post by zhang-liao

Long time no see, Spotify, how's thing? Haven't been online in ages now :smile:
Its always good to see you around

I'm good thanks, 2nd year of university now :smile: starting to get a bit more challenging but nevermind! :biggrin:

I've been around all the time, to keep the counting threads moving (we now have multiple counting threads)

In case you was wondering, the new link to CTAM is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2850377&p=51247927&posted=1#post51247927
And the link to CTAMM (count to to a minus million) is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2748025&p=51247903&posted=1#post51247903

Original post by Andy98
I saw

Needs a quick edit :smile:

Original post by Andy98
WOOO!!!!! Thank you :biggrin:

No problem. I saw for quite a while the numbers were bad but I didn't know how far back it stemmed or what caused it.

I'm good thanks, 2nd year of university now :smile: starting to get a bit more challenging but nevermind! :biggrin:

I've been around all the time, to keep the counting threads moving (we now have multiple counting threads)

In case you was wondering, the new link to CTAM is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2850377&p=51247927&posted=1#post51247927
And the link to CTAMM (count to to a minus million) is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2748025&p=51247903&posted=1#post51247903

Just asking, what are you studying at university? I'm in Year 12 right now.

Thanks for the links, I might stick to this thread though, I prefer counting forwards in 5's, lol :tongue:
Although there is the likelihood of you seeing me in the other counting threads :yes:

Reply 66
Needs a quick edit :smile:

No problem. I saw for quite a while the numbers were bad but I didn't know how far back it stemmed or what caused it.

Edited :smile:

Yeah I saw from Miser's post that it was one off, I thought I sorted that out. But then I had stuff come up so I was only able to post every so often, so I didn't notice the numbers were out again.

Original post by Andy98
Edited :smile:

Yeah I saw from Miser's post that it was one off, I thought I sorted that out. But then I had stuff come up so I was only able to post every so often, so I didn't notice the numbers were out again.

Okay :smile: and I didn't notice the mistake, due to the fact that it blended in well...

Just asking, what are you studying at university? I'm in Year 12 right now.

Thanks for the links, I might stick to this thread though, I prefer counting forwards in 5's, lol :tongue:
Although there is the likelihood of you seeing me in the other counting threads :yes:

I do Electronic Engineering at De Montfort University :smile:

Did Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A-Level (dropped AS ICT after one year)

Yeah counting forwards in 5's is quicker (not as many posts needed) but CTAM is still a long, long way in front so if you could still post on that, it'd be appreciated :smile:

Plus, if you're into your binary, we have CTAMIB and CTAMMIB.

We also have a "Million to Zero" thread, too. :biggrin:

I do Electronic Engineering at De Montfort University :smile:

Did Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A-Level (dropped AS ICT after one year)

Yeah counting forwards in 5's is quicker (not as many posts needed) but CTAM is still a long, long way in front so if you could still post on that, it'd be appreciated :smile:

Plus, if you're into your binary, we have CTAMIB and CTAMMIB.

We also have a "Million to Zero" thread, too. :biggrin:

Interesting about the binary format but am quite confused as to how it works? I've heard about the Million to Zero thread already, might consider trying it

How is it? I'm considering doing Biochemistry or Medicinal Chemistry in University but am not too sure right now though. I'm currently studying Bio, Chem, Psychology and History. I dread History so much, its so boring :frown:
How come you dropped ICT at AS? Was it difficult or it didn't interest you?

Interesting about the binary format but am quite confused as to how it works? I've heard about the Million to Zero thread already, might consider trying it

How is it? I'm considering doing Biochemistry or Medicinal Chemistry in University but am not too sure right now though. I'm currently studying Bio, Chem, Psychology and History. I dread History so much, its so boring :frown:
How come you dropped ICT at AS? Was it difficult or it didn't interest you?

Binary is a bit confusing at first but once you've got your head around it it's fine.
The thing is, that the decimal number system (which is primarily used) is base 10, and goes from 0 through to 9; however binary is a base 2 number format so only uses 0's and 1's.

There's a link about how binary works here (see bottom of page):
http://www.calculator.net/binary-calculator.html

As for your courses, they look like good subjects to choose for those courses. :smile: I take it you will be dropping History at the end of year 12? I don't personally see any problems with that; you can then take your other 3 to A2 level.

I dropped ICT at AS because it was recommended that, due to A2's being harder than AS's, that I'll need more time per subject - thus it wouldn't be a good idea to do all 4 subjects. ICT was interesting, but didn't really add anything to the university course I wanted to do (Physics or Chemistry).
Then went through clearing at the end of the A2 year and picked up the Electronic Engineering course :smile:

Reply 72
Okay :smile: and I didn't notice the mistake, due to the fact that it blended in well...

Indeed

STOP NINJAHING ME!!! :bawling:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
Indeed

You see, it's easier to spot mistakes in decimal than it is in binary :biggrin:

I think that splitting up into groups of 4 bits will definitely help to track any errors, and eliminate them early on :smile:

Binary is a bit confusing at first but once you've got your head around it it's fine.
The thing is, that the decimal number system (which is primarily used) is base 10, and goes from 0 through to 9; however binary is a base 2 number format so only uses 0's and 1's.

There's a link about how binary works here (see bottom of page):
http://www.calculator.net/binary-calculator.html

As for your courses, they look like good subjects to choose for those courses. :smile: I take it you will be dropping History at the end of year 12? I don't personally see any problems with that; you can then take your other 3 to A2 level.

I dropped ICT at AS because it was recommended that, due to A2's being harder than AS's, that I'll need more time per subject - thus it wouldn't be a good idea to do all 4 subjects. ICT was interesting, but didn't really add anything to the university course I wanted to do (Physics or Chemistry).
Then went through clearing at the end of the A2 year and picked up the Electronic Engineering course :smile:

Might try it out - the binary thing

I'll probably drop History by the end of AS since I need to carry Chem and Bio and Psych is quite easy compared to my other A-Levels. Only problem is I don't have Maths.

Just asking, how come you didn't take Further Maths? Wouldn't that have assisted your degree choice?

(edited 9 years ago)

I'll probably drop History by the end of AS since I need to carry Chem and Bio and Psych is quite easy compared to my other A-Levels. Only problem is I don't have Maths.

Just asking, how come you didn't take Further Maths? Wouldn't that have assisted your degree choice?

I think, tbh, that your universities would be more interested in getting a good grade in Chemistry/Biology, than they would in Maths - based on your course choices :smile:

I was definitely thinking about doing Further Maths, but I didn't know if that would have had an adverse effect on my studies - as I would technically be doing 5 AS's then.

In terms of the binary, if you get stuck, have a look at the last page to see how the numbers go up. :smile:

Seventeen :biggrin:

Edit (K fine 385)
Original post by Andy98
Indeed

These 2 need edits please

Reply 78
These 2 need edits please

Gahhh - I hate ninjas

Original post by Andy98
Gahhh - I hate ninjas

Sorry - didn't mean to! :sadnod:

400 :cool:

Latest