The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How many ‘5’s in Advanced Placement should I get to be competitive?

Hi, I’m planning to apply to Msci Physics F303, year of entry:2025

The minimum requirement is ‘5’ in 5 subjects, including AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Physics C E&M and two other subjects.

Since most AP students mainly apply to universities in the US, there’s too little information about AP grades done by typical Physics F303 offer holders.

Can seven ‘5’s guarantee a place?

Thx!
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by GehangMa
Hi, I’m planning to apply to Msci Physics F303, year of entry:2025

The minimum requirement is ‘5’ in 5 subjects, including AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Physics C E&M and two other subjects.

Since most AP students mainly apply to universities in the US, there’s too little information about AP grades done by typical Physics F303 offer holders.

Can seven ‘5’s guarantee a place?

Thx!

there's never a guaranteed place. Everybody who applies to Imperial normally has the predicted grades and more. Once you meet the minimum requirements as everybody does then they will look at other things, not just the number of subjects. Best to check the combo of subjects, I'm sure you have as eg Calc AB and BC count as one AP, same as Physics 1 and Physics C count as one AP. If you haven't done so already best double check. 8 sounds like you should have it covered though, but no guaranteed place. If you google imperial transparency report they publish the achieved grades and offers to A level and IB students that were accepted/offered. Although they are not APs you can extrapolate to APs assuming 3-4 A* = 4-5APs at 5.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending