The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salchow
I got told I was wrong and reported and had my post deleted! Don't know how anyone can be so blind to the evidence!

Original post by Mimir
I got warned on Friday. There's no going back now. :iiam:

You shouldn't really be talking about warnings/other moderation things on the public forum, btw!
Oven was supposed to be delivered, they forgot to put it on the van and thus no oven :indiff:

A couple more weeks for a crappy oven I suppose
Original post by Mimir
Just found this Safe Space. Phew.

*Subscribes* :hi:

:hi:

Hope you're sufficiently grumpy for this Soc :mad: :biggrin: :mad:

:ninja:
I've got something exciting for you lot coming soon. :ninja:
Original post by Roving Fish

:eek: :colone: :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:excited:
I've got something exciting for you lot coming soon.

This:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:tongue:

Londoners (commuters)... you all deserve medals. We might get 2 carriage on their last leg banger trains in some parts up north, and wait an hour, but I'd not swap!
Original post by Pixsoul

Londoners (commuters)... you all deserve medals. We might get 2 carriage on their last leg banger trains in some parts up north, and wait an hour, but I'd not swap!

This is where being mentally disabled comes in really handy. Each time I start a new internship/job, I'm like REASONABLE ADJUSTMENTS: LATE START, EARLY FINISH SO I DON'T TRAVEL IN RUSH HOUR, KTHXBAI :teehee:

Rush hour is terrifying on the rare occasions I do have to travel in it though :afraid: :ahhhhh: :hide: :emo: :sadnod:
It's been a busy few weeks and I've lurked quite a lot but haven't posted for a while so hello again all :smile:

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me atm.
Work wise: I'm trying to get a paper published but it's too niche for the molecular and cellular biology journals and not clinical enough for the medical journals so I'm a bit stuck and trying to work out what to do. I'm working with a particularly difficult cell line which won't behave and I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks so just want to grow some stocks for a fresh start in the new year. So atm I'm uninspired and a bit burnt out at work because I haven't had a break this year yet and I'm just feeling meh. I'm also waiting to find out about funding which will determine whether or not I have a job after May.

On the personal front: We now have a wedding photographer and florist and are exactly where we wanted to be wedding planning wise at this point. We got our engagement photos today (we won a shoot at a wedding fair!) and they're lovely. We're off to India in 3 weeks for our engagement party for my side of the family which is so exciting!

On a different note: why is it so bloody cold suddenly?!?
This is where being mentally disabled comes in really handy. Each time I start a new internship/job, I'm like REASONABLE ADJUSTMENTS: LATE START, EARLY FINISH SO I DON'T TRAVEL IN RUSH HOUR, KTHXBAI :teehee:

Rush hour is terrifying on the rare occasions I do have to travel in it though :afraid: :ahhhhh: :hide: :emo: :sadnod:

:hugs::console:

It's horrible. The Londoner in me is no more (except for my pedestrian rage, and dislike of people who walk *really* slowly around supermarkets and can't get past them :tongue:). I wanted to curl up in a ball on the floor but there's barely space to breathe.

Original post by alleycat393
It's been a busy few weeks and I've lurked quite a lot but haven't posted for a while so hello again all :smile:

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me atm.
Work wise: I'm trying to get a paper published but it's too niche for the molecular and cellular biology journals and not clinical enough for the medical journals so I'm a bit stuck and trying to work out what to do. I'm working with a particularly difficult cell line which won't behave and I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks so just want to grow some stocks for a fresh start in the new year. So atm I'm uninspired and a bit burnt out at work because I haven't had a break this year yet and I'm just feeling meh. I'm also waiting to find out about funding which will determine whether or not I have a job after May.

On the personal front: We now have a wedding photographer and florist and are exactly where we wanted to be wedding planning wise at this point. We got our engagement photos today (we won a shoot at a wedding fair!) and they're lovely. We're off to India in 3 weeks for our engagement party for my side of the family which is so exciting!

On a different note: why is it so bloody cold suddenly?!?

:hugs: about work. Things will work out :smile:

Yay for all the wedding stuff!

'Tis far too cold :sadnod:
Original post by Pixsoul
This:

:tongue:

Thanks :P I'm one of the lucky ones, I usually get a seat most of the way.
:yawn:

How is everyone here? :h:
Original post by jelly1000
Thanks :P I'm one of the lucky ones, I usually get a seat most of the way.

Hehe jammy :tongue:

Seriously though, wtaf?! Not cut out for it, I nearly got a train to Hampton Court instead of a tram to Mitcham Junction. I'd say I'm not as daft as I seem but I really am :tongue:

Original post by Slowbro93
:yawn:

How is everyone here? :h:

:wavey:

How are you doing?

I'm about to raid the hotel bar for a cup of tea (as long as they just give me the hot water, tea bag and milk to make it myself). Got one at meeting earlier and... I just can't.... I wanted to ask for proof that it was actually tea :tongue:
Original post by Pixsoul
Hehe jammy :tongue:

Seriously though, wtaf?! Not cut out for it, I nearly got a train to Hampton Court instead of a tram to Mitcham Junction. I'd say I'm not as daft as I seem but I really am :tongue:

:wavey:

How are you doing?

I'm about to raid the hotel bar for a cup of tea (as long as they just give me the hot water, tea bag and milk to make it myself). Got one at meeting earlier and... I just can't.... I wanted to ask for proof that it was actually tea :tongue:

Got no choice but to be!
Original post by Pixsoul

Have you seen The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2? The film? Coz like the opening scene is Maggie Smith and Dev Patel (think that's his name, I forget) in a meeting with some people and they give Maggie Smith's character a cup of tea and she goes into this mega rant about WTAF EVEN IS THIS THAT YOU'RE GIVING ME AND CALLING TEA, hahahaha :rofl:

:getmecoat:
Have you seen The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2? The film? Coz like the opening scene is Maggie Smith and Dev Patel (think that's his name, I forget) in a meeting with some people and they give Maggie Smith's character a cup of tea and she goes into this mega rant about WTAF EVEN IS THIS THAT YOU'RE GIVING ME AND CALLING TEA, hahahaha :rofl:

:getmecoat:

Haha yes! That's me!

Tea is a serious business :tongue: (I also love both the first and second of those films)
:erm:

Looks like 2016 really is the year the world lost its mind.

Can we leave?
Original post by Pixsoul
:erm:

Looks like 2016 really is the year the world lost its mind.

Can we leave?

Take me with you. Aghast. And fearful for my older sister, living and working in that country (granted in Boston, so unlikely she'll encounter racism or problems in her day-to-day life, but still)... :sigh:
Take me with you. Aghast. And fearful for my older sister, living and working in that country (granted in Boston, so unlikely she'll encounter racism or problems in her day-to-day life, but still)... :sigh:

I'm off to the moon...

:frown: :hugs:

Sad day for the world.
Kind of crazy about the American election, huh? Though have any of you seen the first speech that Trump made right after he won? It was oddly reasonable. Fingers crossed that everything before the election itself was play acting for the sake of votes, and in reality as President he'll be less outlandish.

Original post by Mimir
Just found this Safe Space. Phew.

*Subscribes* :hi:

HELLO. And welcome. :mad:

Original post by Slowbro93
Oven was supposed to be delivered, they forgot to put it on the van and thus no oven :indiff:

A couple more weeks for a crappy oven I suppose

I have this image in my head of the van driver parking up outside your house, opening the van, and being like "oh crap" upon realising that it's empty. Did they get that far or did they realise before actually arriving? Sorry to hear though, how frustrating...

More exciting than your avatar picture? Because that really excites me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending