The Student Room Group

Why do some hijabis not wear a hijab in their profile pic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
I hope you're joking. Hijab IS compulsory in islam. You probably asked those who aren't really practicing and with a 'liberal' mindset. By all means nobody should be forced (like beaten into wearing it etc.) but the Qur'an specifically says wearing a hijab is compulsory for all muslim women. Men should also wear a hijab (but not the headscarf obvs. The verse regarding them applies to modesty in behaviour and lowering their gaze) :smile:

I suppose each person will interpret the Qu'ran differently. They say that the "hijab" refers to your behaviour, not an actual physical veil, so even though they are still practicing (Still pray 5x, no alcohol/pork etc) they just don't wear the veil

Original post by beautifulxxx
Who is it that you asked? Of course the hijab is compulsory.

Strange, I haven't come across a single muslim yet who says that the hijab is compulsory. Maybe I'm living in the wrong side of London :lol:
Original post by Another
I suppose each person will interpret the Qu'ran differently. They say that the "hijab" refers to your behaviour, not an actual physical veil, so even though they are still practicing (Still pray 5x, no alcohol/pork etc) they just don't wear the veil

Strange, I haven't come across a single muslim yet who says that the hijab is compulsory. Maybe I'm living in the wrong side of London :lol:

Loooool!! Or maybe me:eek: south London is a little cray cray afterall. Well I refer to verse 31 in surah noor, it clearly states that the believing woman should wear it:smile: The veil isn't compulsory, but I'm the sure the head covering business is:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest