The Student Room Group

If the General Election was tomorrow who would you vote for?

Scroll to see replies

How people can still vote labour after what they did to this country is beyond me. Then factor in the idea they do not represent the working class citizen one bit and their leader is a joke, what is the appeal?
Original post by OtakuHulk
I assume most on here are students who are planning to go to university. Just a quick reminder it was the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats who raised tuition fees and broke promises :smile: not saying you should base everything on that as that is a little immature but seriously they do not speak for the young students of Britain.

Personally I have no idea who I'll vote for as all parties are very unappealing to me. Why are so many people voting UKIP? You support a party that supports the abortion of babies with down-syndrome, they want to leave the EU (if you honestly think that is good for our economy and relations with other countries you clearly are deluded), and lots of other ridiculous policies (look them up :smile: ) .

I'm stuck between Labour and Greens but like neither of them, their the least hated in my eyes. Labour care the most about education and Greens have good views however Labour is not brilliant overall and Greens plans cannot be fulfilled successfully.

Our country is a mess XD

I went through their website and honestly I saw nothing about aborting down-syndrome babies. A valid link would be useful please.
Original post by The Juan
I went through their website and honestly I saw nothing about aborting down-syndrome babies. A valid link would be useful please.

Not a policy but clearly some of their members support the idea :smile:
Have a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/dec/18/ukip-candidate-abortion-for-downs-syndrome

I'll never support such a inconsiderate party.
Have a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/dec/18/ukip-candidate-abortion-for-downs-syndrome

Wait a minute I read this back in the day and Geoffrey rush was suspended after his comments by the party. He does not stand for them now.

Are you actually judging 40,000 members and millions of voters on the basis of what one idiot said. Nice one :rolleyes:, next...
Have a read:

Just because some members think like that, doesn't mean the whole party will lean that way.
Wait a minute I read this back in the day and Geoffrey rush was suspended after his comments by the party. He does not stand for them now.

Are you actually judging 40,000 members and millions of voters on the basis of what one idiot said. Nice one :rolleyes:, next...

Well "Ukip had initially backed Geoffrey Clark" - even if only for a short period the party supported what he said it's still disgusting. How on earth could you support that idea even if for a second? Yes he was suspended but many party members agreed with him until the "blacklash" from the public, disgusting, they shut up once people disagreed with them so they wouldn't lose support.

Absolutely deluded
:biggrin: Horrible party.
Original post by PetrosAC
Just because some members think like that, doesn't mean the whole party will lean that way.

Most of the party did support that idea until backlash from the public, they changed their mind once they realised they'd lose support :smile:
Read the article carefully, I'd never support a party who would consider that even for a second.
Well "Ukip had initially backed Geoffrey Clark" - even if only for a short period the party supported what he said it's still disgusting. How on earth could you support that idea even if for a second? Yes he was suspended but many party members agreed with him until the "blacklash" from the public, disgusting, they shut up once people disagreed with them so they wouldn't lose support.

Absolutely deluded
:biggrin: Horrible party.

The guardian has and always will be up labour's ***. The paper has never criticised labour over anything. It is an ultra-left wing paper. So you are expecting me to believe one of the most biased pieces of text- lol funny. Guardian and dailymail have been criticising UKIP since day one. They write anything to deter voters from the party. Labour and Tories are playing puppeteer all day every day with their papers. Show me an independent source that's reliable and valid- not some far left wing paper- LMAO
He only sent us into an illegal war, causing the deaths of hundreds, possibly thousands, for his own gain and a bit of oil...

Edit: Even though 2 Million people protested against it. But there you go, we don't always get democracy.

It is has been completely disproven that it has anything to do with oil. If it was they could have easily made an agreement with saddam.

Speaking of saddam this guy was the worst dictator since Mao under international law Iraq was not a sovereign state as it did not have free elections, regularly attacked neighbours and commited genocide against its own people.

If he was really acting for his own gain he would have avoided the Iraq war and would probably have stayed prime minister: and to be honest Galloway and the SWP are the last people in Britain who should be lecturing people on democracy.

Yes he most probably did lie about nuclear weapons and that was Wei g however the more I look at the Iraq war the more just I realise it was

In any case even if bush and Blair werw two lunatics they at least brought democracy to Iraq and toppled a tyrant responsible for far more deaths than the Iraq war.
Original post by Davij038
It is has been completely disproven that it has anything to do with oil. If it was they could have easily made an agreement with saddam.

Speaking of saddam this guy was the worst dictator since Mao under international law Iraq was not a sovereign state as it did not have free elections, regularly attacked neighbours and commited genocide against its own people.

If he was really acting for his own gain he would have avoided the Iraq war and would probably have stayed prime minister: and to be honest Galloway and the SWP are the last people in Britain who should be lecturing people on democracy.

Yes he most probably did lie about nuclear weapons and that was Wei g however the more I look at the Iraq war the more just I realise it was

In any case even if bush and Blair werw two lunatics they at least brought democracy to Iraq and toppled a tyrant responsible for far more deaths than the Iraq war.

I disagree. I don't think Saddam was as bad as people make it. Okay, yes, his punishments were harsh, but if you don't commit the crime you don't get punished. He kept the crime rate low in Iraq. When he was overthrown, there was chaos.
The guardian has and always will be up labour's ***. The paper has never criticised labour over anything. It is an ultra-left wing paper. So you are expecting me to believe one of the most biased pieces of text- lol funny. Guardian and dailymail have been criticising UKIP since day one. They write anything to deter voters from the party. Labour and Tories are playing puppeteer all day every day with their papers. Show me an independent source that's reliable and valid- not some far left wing paper- LMAO

Even when they backed the liberals last election?

Don't believe whatever any paper says. They're all bias one way or another in the end.

Never said Labour were perfect by the way. A UKIP MP supported the idea of aborting disabled babies = FACT UKIP ignored this and did not disregard it at first = FACT Blacklash from public = FACT UKIP disregards this idea = FACT. Sorry but it all happened :rolleyes: , yes papers may be biased but those events did occur and you can't deny it :cool: the opinions expressed may be biased I agree with you wholeheartedly but facts are facts my friend.

Don't believe I am persuaded by papers to vote Conservatives or Labour, there is a reason why I am unsure who to vote for, they're not very good either, and recently Labour is being criticised massively by the Guardian regarding Emily Thornberry, I'm not biased I just consider the facts :tongue:
why isn't there a " i wouldn't vote for any of these ****ers" choice? i would vote green if i had to, maybe labour but i don't believe that they will fulfil their promises, expect more of the same from labour.
Don't believe whatever any paper says. They're all bias one way or another in the end.

A UKIP MP supported the idea of aborting disabled babies = FACT UKIP ignored this and did not disregard it at first = FACT Blacklash from public = FACT UKIP disregards this idea = FACT. Sorry but it all happened , yes papers may be biased but those events did occur and you can't deny it the opinions expressed may be biased I agree with you wholeheartedly but facts are facts my friend.

Don't believe I am persuaded by papers to vote Conservatives or Labour, there is a reason why I am unsure who to vote for, they're not very good either, and recently Labour is being criticised massively by the Guardian regarding Emily Thornberry, I'm not biased I just consider the facts
Never said Labour were perfect by the way. A UKIP MP supported the idea of aborting disabled babies = FACT UKIP ignored this and did not disregard it at first = FACT Blacklash from public = FACT UKIP disregards this idea = FACT. Sorry but it all happened :rolleyes: , yes papers may be biased but those events did occur and you can't deny it :cool: the opinions expressed may be biased I agree with you wholeheartedly but facts are facts my friend.

Don't believe I am persuaded by papers to vote Conservatives or Labour, there is a reason why I am unsure who to vote for, they're not very good either, and recently Labour is being criticised massively by the Guardian regarding Emily Thornberry, I'm not biased I just consider the facts :tongue:

But you haven't showed me any facts lol. The main fact was Geoffrey clarke said what he said and UKIP suspended him. I saw no 'FACT' that UKIP supported him. Please link me a source that shows it was a 'FACT' UKIP disregarded it and supported it please
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous263
why isn't there a " i wouldn't vote for any of these ****ers" choice? i would vote green if i had to, maybe labour but i don't believe that they will fulfil their promises, expect more of the same from labour.

I'd be in favour of that choice! :biggrin: Sadly how the country is run is too important to just ignore :s-smilie: I'm stuck between Labour and Greens also, like neither of them though :confused:

I know but guardian is one of those papers that is extremely left wing they would say nothing good about the right wing, plain and simple
Original post by amberskye
What, like it's already infected with Christianity?

Where did I say I liked Christianity?

But admittedly, I prefer it as an alternative to Islam.
But you haven't showed me any facts lol. The main fact was Geoffrey rush said what he said and UKIP suspended him. I saw no 'FACT' that UKIP supported him. Please link me a source that shows it was a 'FACT' UKIP disregarded it and supported it please

I'm not going to sit here all night to provide you with links and have you respond with 'BIAS', just search into google and see the hundreds of newspapers from around the world who present you what occurred. If you were watching the news at the time you would have seen it unfold.

Clearly you are a deluded UKIP supporter, I'm not saying you should base your vote for them on this one event but these ridiculous ideas are presented frequently. Nothing you will say will sway me as leaving the EU is just one of the horrible ideas they support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending