The Student Room Group

If the General Election was tomorrow who would you vote for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
Various studies???

Go and work in the business world pal! If you transfer £Xbn from business to people, then business will increase prices by £Xbn to reclaim the amount!!!

Businesses are not charities!

Plenty of businesses are charities. Private schools are businesses. Private schools are charities.
Original post by rachelc142
Genuine question - why is it you seem to think that *all* immigrants work low paid jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My guess is he reads the Daily Mail.
Original post by Bornblue
My guess is he reads the Daily Mail.

I am totally all for people having different political views, makes everything interesting, but the anti immigration stance is one I will -never- understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am totally all for people having different political views, makes everything interesting, but the anti immigration stance is one I will -never- understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

Especially when it's based on pure fabrications and scaremongering and no evidence.
Genuine question - why is it you seem to think that *all* immigrants work low paid jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said the majority/most don't......

Because they're doing the jobs British people don't want...... because they're low-paid.
Because some of the most common jobs they do are toilet-cleaning, strawberry-picking/agriculture, child care, coffee shops- this isn't exactly six-figure salary land, is it?

Do you understand the implications of population growth? This planet has finite resources.....
Especially when it's based on pure fabrications and scaremongering and no evidence.

Oh I know, manipulative statistics work wonders!
I also find it laughable how apparently "leftie" is now an insult

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said the majority/most don't......

Actually you said the majority do about ten miutes ago.
The majority of immigrants earn min wage mate,

Now you've done a 180 turn. You're making this too easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive provided reasons to support my view- you havent?!

Why should we allow people in our country? Tell me (because you still havent).

What are the areas with the highest crime? Cities. Why? Because more people = more competition for resources...... that should be a lesson, population increase is dangerous.
So why do all reports show that immigrants have a net POSITIVE impact on our economy? Seems like it's you who doesn't understand the 'economic fundamentals'.
Put down the Daily Mail.

I dont give a **** what they contribute collectively! Jesus, are you honestly stupid?

Here's a numerical example to show why the figure you keep repeating is worthless. We have ten immigrants, their net contributions are:

{-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, +10}

Overall contribution (the figure you keep mentioning) : +1

Now implement my immigration policy, ie only admit those who are high-contributors:

{+10}

Overall contribution: +10

10 is greater than 1, yes?
I dont give a **** what they contribute collectively! Jesus, are you honestly stupid?

Ten immigrants, their net contributions are:

{-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, +10}

Overall contribution (the figure you keep mentioning) : +1

Now implement my immigration policy, ie only admit those who are high-contributors:

{+10}

Overall contribution: +10

10 is greater than 1, yes?

No thankyou, they can all come.
Immigration is a good thing. Shame you can't see it that way.
Ive provided reasons to support my view- you havent?!

Why should we allow people in our country? Tell me (because you still havent).

What are the areas with the highest crime? Cities. Why? Because more people = more competition for resources...... that should be a lesson, population increase is dangerous.

Sigh but I did tho, see a post I did a while ago to a guy explaining why I'm voting green (on my phone so can't tag etc)
Because they on the whole contribute great things to our society, on a deeper/philosophical level calling it "our country" is pretty stupid to be honest, a multicultural society is a much more tolerant and happier society, millions of Britons live abroad so why can't people from abroad live here etc
I completely understand your points but I genuinely believe the benefits of immigration outweigh the disadvantages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually you said the majority do about ten miutes ago.

Now you've done a 180 turn. You're making this too easy.

I said the majority/most don't earn much money? How is that a 180 degree turn/contradiction? :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sigh but I did tho, see a post I did a while ago to a guy explaining why I'm voting green (on my phone so can't tag etc)
Because they on the whole contribute great things to our society, on a deeper/philosophical level calling it "our country" is pretty stupid to be honest, a multicultural society is a much more tolerant and happier society, millions of Britons live abroad so why can't people from abroad live here etc
I completely understand your points but I genuinely believe the benefits of immigration outweigh the disadvantages

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me advantages of immigration.....

(I am not against high-skilled, high-tax-paying immigrants, I am against average/low skilled ones)
I said the majority/most don't earn much money? How is that a 180 degree turn/contradiction? :rolleyes:

Any proof of that?
Thought not.
I will most likely not be voting for any party. I will certainly not be voting for UKIP as they are racist and homophobic.
Plenty of businesses are charities. Private schools are businesses. Private schools are charities.

No, a private school has charitable status, its not a charity....... oops :wink:

Definition of charity:

an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.
No, a private school has charitable status, its not a charity....... oops :wink:

Are you really that stupid? Having charitable status means you're a charity. The clue is in the name darling.
Any proof of that?
Thought not.

You just said I did a 180 degree turn- where did I?
Original post by SHallowvale
I will most likely not be voting for any party. I will certainly not be voting for UKIP as they are racist and homophobic.

Can you show me where UKIP are racist?
Can you show me where UKIP are racist?

It was a joke. Was I not PC enough?

I didn't mean to offend you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending