The Student Room Group

Spanish A

Hi
im currently studying for my Spanish A2 exam, I'm really nervous as I love Spanish and really want good grades. Does anyone have any advice about how to tackle the exam/preparation?

thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Lucy 13
Hi
im currently studying for my Spanish A2 exam, I'm really nervous as I love Spanish and really want good grades. Does anyone have any advice about how to tackle the exam/preparation?

thank you

Hi,
I am actually in year 11 but I was thinking of taking Spanish A level? May I ask how it is in terms of course and workload? Good luck for your exams in the summer, I hope everything goes well for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ipanda99
Hi,
I am actually in year 11 but I was thinking of taking Spanish A level? May I ask how it is in terms of course and workload? Good luck for your exams in the summer, I hope everything goes well for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Well for me it was a really big step from GCSE as you're required to do a lot more independent work. I did Lots of vocabulary tests and essays because the essay is worth a lot of marks and having a wide range I vocabulary in speaking and writing is essential to get high marks. I would personally say getting a tutor was the best thing I did because none of my family speak Spanish and you need to keep up practising speaking. I struggled with coping with work from my other 3 subjects but you need to manage your time really well. Also I would say setting yourself additional homework like learning 3 verbs every night or doing tests on verb conjugations is really helpful because the more you know the better grade.

Hope this helped
Reply 3
Original post by Lucy 13
Hi

Well for me it was a really big step from GCSE as you're required to do a lot more independent work. I did Lots of vocabulary tests and essays because the essay is worth a lot of marks and having a wide range I vocabulary in speaking and writing is essential to get high marks. I would personally say getting a tutor was the best thing I did because none of my family speak Spanish and you need to keep up practising speaking. I struggled with coping with work from my other 3 subjects but you need to manage your time really well. Also I would say setting yourself additional homework like learning 3 verbs every night or doing tests on verb conjugations is really helpful because the more you know the better grade.

Hope this helped

Thanks so much! This really helped! I was very conflicted about choosing it for A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending