The Student Room Group

Computing foundation UWE

Hi everyone, I'm applying to do a foundation course for computing at UWE. Would anyone know how hard it is to get a place with not very good grades? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hennersboy
Hi everyone, I'm applying to do a foundation course for computing at UWE. Would anyone know how hard it is to get a place with not very good grades? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your grades in comparison with what the university asks for? Have you tried emailing and asking whether your grades mean you're able to be considered for a place or not?
Reply 2
I got well above what is asked for at GCSE, for a level it says that no specific subjects are required but a minimum of one a level. I have an E for a2 ICT, a D for AS English Lang, a C for general studies A2 (UWE accepts general studies). However I am still worried that these are very low and that because I got a low ICT grade they will look very unfavourably towards my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hennersboy
I got well above what is asked for at GCSE, for a level it says that no specific subjects are required but a minimum of one a level. I have an E for a2 ICT, a D for AS English Lang, a C for general studies A2 (UWE accepts general studies). However I am still worried that these are very low and that because I got a low ICT grade they will look very unfavourably towards my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely they will look at your GCSEs in maths and English. Plus Ict has very little to do with computing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending