The Student Room Group

studying photography at mmu, ntu or lau - i cant decide

i'm currently on my gap year and still as confused as i was when i was back in college when it comes to deciding whether to study photography at all, never mind deciding which uni i'll finally study at. so i decided to sign up on here to see if anyone can give me any advice on what its like to study photography at any of the unis i have applied to - whether that be; manchester met (mmu), leeds arts (lau) or nottinham trent (ntu). or how their photography degree has helped them following university.

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by lvkeforte
i'm currently on my gap year and still as confused as i was when i was back in college when it comes to deciding whether to study photography at all, never mind deciding which uni i'll finally study at. so i decided to sign up on here to see if anyone can give me any advice on what its like to study photography at any of the unis i have applied to - whether that be; manchester met (mmu), leeds arts (lau) or nottinham trent (ntu). or how their photography degree has helped them following university.

thanks

what kind of photography are you into? i did my foundation at leeds art and we had a list of acclaimed photography courses. The ones that stood out to me are; leeds arts, mmu, uwe and kingston, but these are just my personal favs, you might think differently! if you are interested in Fine Art Photography (concept driven work) then MMU is a good option as their photography course is very ‘fine-arty’. whereas somewhere like uwe is good for commercial photography. i actually changed my mind tho and am now studying communication design lol so not sure how valid my opinion is.
Reply 2
Original post by lmg7
what kind of photography are you into? i did my foundation at leeds art and we had a list of acclaimed photography courses. The ones that stood out to me are; leeds arts, mmu, uwe and kingston, but these are just my personal favs, you might think differently! if you are interested in Fine Art Photography (concept driven work) then MMU is a good option as their photography course is very ‘fine-arty’. whereas somewhere like uwe is good for commercial photography. i actually changed my mind tho and am now studying communication design lol so not sure how valid my opinion is.

what type of photography is leeds art uni is? is it more documentary type or focus on skills or ..? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest