The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Applicants and Offer Holders for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catherine1345
I have an unconditional to Aberdeen for Scots Law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! We could be on the same course, if I switch to just doing Scots Law as opposed to Scottish/English Law. What did you get for your Highers/Adv Highers? Also, did you receive your offer by letter or the dreaded Track? :tongue:

Well done!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Thank you, you too! In fifth year I got AAAAB and this year I'm doing adv chemistry, higher french, physics and modern studies! I got them by both haha track initially then a letter a few days later. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, you too! In fifth year I got AAAAB and this year I'm doing adv chemistry, higher french, physics and modern studies! I got them by both haha track initially then a letter a few days later. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

-jaw drops-

ONE AH AND FOUR HIGHERS??

Damn. Definitely not going to get an offer now. Got AABB in fifth year and doing Higher Administration, Business Management and Modern Studies. That being said, I did get an A in Higher French and English, so there's still some hope there!
No you definitely shouldn't worry! I know quite a few people with good grades and personal statements etc that still haven't heard back and that's a good set of highers, you'll in get in! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the last Uni I'm waiting for an offer for. Applied for Scots/English Law so I hope I hear something soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for Celtic and Anglo Saxon Studies with German :biggrin: Anyone else doing either of those courses?
Hi!
I'm an EU applicant for Anthropology. So far I've only received a letter acknowledging my application and a "Seaon's Greetings" email. I got predicted 38 IB points (without core points). Has anyone heard back from Anthropology yet? :smile:
Original post by studynotime
-jaw drops-

ONE AH AND FOUR HIGHERS??

Damn. Definitely not going to get an offer now. Got AABB in fifth year and doing Higher Administration, Business Management and Modern Studies. That being said, I did get an A in Higher French and English, so there's still some hope there!

I got AABBF last year and got an unconditional! So I wouldn't worry too much! I'm not applying for the same course but I doubt there will be much of a difference for offers between courses. You should get some sort of offer! Good luck!!
Original post by katyleighx
I got AABBF last year and got an unconditional! So I wouldn't worry too much! I'm not applying for the same course but I doubt there will be much of a difference for offers between courses. You should get some sort of offer! Good luck!!

Thank you for being so reassuring! :smile:

I've just looked over my personal statement (again), and I've realised I've made a typo... Wow. I even got an A in higher English. :frown:
I have an unconditional to Aberdeen for Scots Law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! ^^
Original post by studynotime
Thank you for being so reassuring! :smile:

I've just looked over my personal statement (again), and I've realised I've made a typo... Wow. I even got an A in higher English. :frown:

No problem! I'd be very surprised if you got nothing!

Knowing me I have probably done that :s-smilie: , Its fine though I have the offer I want. :smile:

Well done on the A, English was the subject I got an F in.:frown:
Reply 191
Original post by Rikke1996
Hi!
I'm an EU applicant for Anthropology. So far I've only received a letter acknowledging my application and a "Seaon's Greetings" email. I got predicted 38 IB points (without core points). Has anyone heard back from Anthropology yet? :smile:

I got an offer for Anthropology on the 10th of December :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by newtoit
I got an offer for Anthropology on the 10th of December :smile:

Congratz! :biggrin: May I ask you what the requirements were?

I applied the 1st of November and still waiting :s-smilie:
Reply 193
Original post by Rikke1996
Congratz! :biggrin: May I ask you what the requirements were?

I applied the 1st of November and still waiting :s-smilie:

My offer was BBB and I applied on the 3rd of December
Original post by xleoanimusx
Just got an offer for Celtic and Anglo Saxon Studies with German :biggrin: Anyone else doing either of those courses?

Me, though I'm still waiting for a response :smile:
Original post by BluePudding
Me, though I'm still waiting for a response :smile:

Good luck! Are you doing it as a single or joint honours?
Conditional offer for Geology and Petroleum Geology, coming from the UK. Uni of Liverpool is my first choice with Aberdeen being my second. 6 hours away on a train

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xleoanimusx
Good luck! Are you doing it as a single or joint honours?

Joint with German.
Original post by BluePudding
Joint with German.

Have you done German before? I'll be starting as a beginner
Original post by Celsteer
Conditional offer for Geology and Petroleum Geology, coming from the UK. Uni of Liverpool is my first choice with Aberdeen being my second. 6 hours away on a train

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey me too!! I'm from the UK too, but a flight away because I'm from the South of England haha. Aberdeen will probably be my second choice too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending