The Student Room Group

Official: University of Aberdeen A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holder thread

Welcome to the University of Aberdeen A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

Aberdeen A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7080359

For general information click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...cine/index.php

For entry requirements click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...quirements.php

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how much would 2600 give you out of 60 as I emailed Aberdeen and they still didn't respond.
(Original post by Hussein2004)Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how much would 2600 give you out of 60 as I emailed Aberdeen and they still didn't respond.

Try to scroll through the first few pages of the 2021 thread. Screenshot_20220822-095805_Office.jpg
So will I be 51 or 48 since I have 650?
Has anyone completed their online registration yet and given in a photo of yourself for the profile picture because I've activated my IT account but I'm not sure if I need to also complete my online registration
Original post by Hussein2004
So will I be 51 or 48 since I have 650?

Your guess is as good as mine unfortunately.
Original post by WAccordingtome
Your guess is as good as mine unfortunately.

I will pray to God that it's either 50 or 48😂😂😂
Hi I was wondering if there’s any chance a 2510 band 2 would get me an interview at aberdeen? Realistically speaking
Guys I have a Predicted 1st in Biomedical Sciences with a UKCAT of 2610 B1. I am also a RUK applicant. What chances do I have of securing an interview?
Original post by Hasankhan11
Hi I was wondering if there’s any chance a 2510 band 2 would get me an interview at aberdeen? Realistically speaking

Are you Scottish, RUK or international?
2700 UCAT, 2.1 undergraduate master’s degree. RUK applicant. Is it good enough for interview?
Original post by Medic1214
2700 UCAT, 2.1 undergraduate master’s degree. RUK applicant. Is it good enough for interview?

I'd say it might be enough for an interview, but here are the statistics. From 408 applications there were 102 interviewed for 21 places.
Lowest graduate UCAT was 2510. If your other options are safe enough it might be worth it, but to be honest I'm not sure I would risk it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Good afternoon, I an a Scottish student and have 8 national 5's at A, Higher I currently have AAAAB (appealing the B but may not get it back by SQA in time...although do have extenuating circumstances) and predicted AAA at Advanced Higher, I got a UCAT score of 2900 B1 SJT.......what do you think my odds are of getting an interview? Thank you!
Latest admissions data
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/admissions-data.php
30% academics + 20% UCAT + 50% interview.
25 points for every A= 75
+ 5 points for achieved A levels.
UCAT obviously changes year on year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by PIP4764
Good afternoon, I an a Scottish student and have 8 national 5's at A, Higher I currently have AAAAB (appealing the B but may not get it back by SQA in time...although do have extenuating circumstances) and predicted AAA at Advanced Higher, I got a UCAT score of 2900 B1 SJT.......what do you think my odds are of getting an interview? Thank you!

Very good, I'd say. You've gone through this page, I suppose. I'm not familiar with Scottish Higher.
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/uk-academic-requirements.php#panel537
(edited 1 year ago)
May I just add (although it would only apply to very few people) those RUK students applying with a settled status (EU nationals living in the UK) are eligible for Scottish fees.
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Hey! I'm an RUK applicant with a 2820 and band 2 in the UCAT and 3A* in my a-levels? Would I have a chance to get an offer?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by emojisomething
Hey! I'm an RUK applicant with a 2820 and band 2 in the UCAT and 3A* in my a-levels? Would I have a chance to get an offer?

You'll get extra points for your achieved A levels which puts you ahead of school leavers. Your UCAT is strong and they don't score sjt so I think you'd very likely get an interview.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you xx
Original post by WAccordingtome
You'll get extra points for your achieved A levels which puts you ahead of school leavers. Your UCAT is strong and they don't score sjt so I think you'd very likely get an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending