The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Offer Holders 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stav_D
Anyone had an informal interview for Computer Science? Or any course really, just wondering what to expect from it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't have any interview for sociology. I got a conditional offer then went to the department day where they just sat and explained the perks of the uni and then we had a taster seminar and then refreshments where we just stood around and asked the tutors and some of the student ambassadors about the course. But it may differ for your course, i'm not sure :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Received a conditional offer of ABB for Japanese Studies! :biggrin:
Reply 82
Got an unconditional offer for Medical Genetics!! :biggrin:
I got an offer of AAB for chemical Physics mphys, but when I told other people on the applicant day that was my offer they seemed surprised. I wonder if it was because it's high or low?
I have a confirmed unconditional in Japanese Studies :smile:
Anyone doing English lit.??
I have an offer for English lit. with Philosophy, and got the Philosophy booklet through in the post ages ago with a list of open days for offer holders, but it said that on the Philosophy open days I wouldn't be able to speak to anyone about English, whereas on the English days I would be able to also talk to someone about Philosophy... They said they were going to send me the English department open days through the post separately, but I've not received anything and I think it's been roughly a month.
Has anyone applying to do English lit. received the booklet and list of open days?
Hi, I got a conditional offer from Sheffield (European and International law). Here's the thing - I have already graduated and my grades are better than what the school requires. Should I send my diploma there or how do I get an unconditional offer? I'm not from the UK so I have no idea what to do:biggrin: Thanks in advance!
Reply 87
Original post by libertinegirl96
Anyone doing English lit.??
I have an offer for English lit. with Philosophy, and got the Philosophy booklet through in the post ages ago with a list of open days for offer holders, but it said that on the Philosophy open days I wouldn't be able to speak to anyone about English, whereas on the English days I would be able to also talk to someone about Philosophy... They said they were going to send me the English department open days through the post separately, but I've not received anything and I think it's been roughly a month.
Has anyone applying to do English lit. received the booklet and list of open days?

I have an unconditional for english and history and ive also received an english booklet. If you're ubsure of open days, look on their website x
Original post by hcu95
I have an unconditional for english and history and ive also received an english booklet. If you're ubsure of open days, look on their website x

Thank you! Well done on your unconditional btw :smile: I've emailed the English department leader just in case haha!
Anyone else coming to the English open day tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Offer for Bsc Economics ( AAB) !!
AAB for International Relations and Politics! Anyone going to the open day on 4th March?
Reply 92
Original post by Katrina_P
Hi, I got a conditional offer from Sheffield (European and International law). Here's the thing - I have already graduated and my grades are better than what the school requires. Should I send my diploma there or how do I get an unconditional offer? I'm not from the UK so I have no idea what to do:biggrin: Thanks in advance!

You can't get a unconditional like that, the university has to offer it to you. Although I think that the offer will become unconditional in July/August once the university has received evidence of your results.
Reply 93
Original post by rkhan57
You can't get a unconditional like that, the university has to offer it to you. Although I think that the offer will become unconditional in July/August once the university has received evidence of your results.

She said she has already got the grades so I'd imagine she just has to send them evidence of that (ie copies of your certificates)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an unconditional, they just asked for proof of qualifications which they'll get in touch for at some point. I imagine yours will become unconditional once they've seen your proof

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Winterose
I received an offer for Psychology two days ago :smile:

I've got an offer too for Psychology too! Is it going to be your firm?
hi friends....
I am Avishek from India. I got the offer on Msc Sustainable Architecture Studies at Sheffield.
How are you guys doing?

Any idea about the cost of Living there in Sheffield?
I am thoroughly confused as to wat to do about it.
As I have also received unconditional offer letters from University of Bath, Edinburgh,Starthclyde,Manchester, Glasgow and Oxford brookes. So now it all comes down to the living cost that I have to consider at Sheffield.
Anyone has any idea about this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by avishek17
hi friends....
I am Avishek from India. I got the offer on Msc Sustainable Architecture Studies at Sheffield.
How are you guys doing?

Any idea about the cost of Living there in Sheffield?
I am thoroughly confused as to wat to do about it.
As I have also received unconditional offer letters from University of Bath, Edinburgh,Starthclyde,Manchester, Glasgow and Oxford brookes. So now it all comes down to the living cost that I have to consider at Sheffield.
Anyone has any idea about this?

How were you able to apply to 7 universities when UCAS only gives you 5 options? Do you guys do it differently in India or something?
Original post by Ice Dragon
How were you able to apply to 7 universities when UCAS only gives you 5 options? Do you guys do it differently in India or something?

Through UCAS i had applied to Oxford Brookes and West Minister whereas for the other universities they have their own individual application portals.. and one needs to apply through their own university portal only.
Conditional offer for Law (AAA)
International applicant here, can't wait to go to the UK xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending