The Student Room Group

Sheffield A101 2024 Entry

Hi is anyone planning to apply here for GEM? I cant seem to find anything relating to this years cycle.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I’ve applied to GEM at sheff. I can’t seem to find anything else about this years applicants either 😬
Hey,
There is a GEM rep for MedSoc who often posts in these forums who can answer more specific questions. But I just thought Id pop in too. I did not do the GEM entry course, but some of my friends have and I can try to answer any questions that you have. So if there is anything you want to know, feel free to ask.
And if not, good luck with all your applications!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 3
Original post by aaron239210312
Hi is anyone planning to apply here for GEM? I cant seem to find anything relating to this years cycle.

Did you apply in the end?
Reply 4
Did anyone apply to graduate entry medicine???
Reply 5
Original post by med133
Did anyone apply to graduate entry medicine???

Yeh I did, Sheff and York. Feels like the longest wait for interview invites
Reply 6
Original post by VeeOMGlob
Yeh I did, Sheff and York. Feels like the longest wait for interview invites

Oh that sounds good! Yea i havent heard anything from Sheffield yet. So scared
Reply 7
Original post by med133
Oh that sounds good! Yea i havent heard anything from Sheffield yet. So scared

I called up admissions and they said interview invites would be sent either tomorrow or friday - the waiting is awful.

Where did you apply?
Reply 8
I called up admissions and they said interview invites would be sent either tomorrow or friday - the waiting is awful.

Where did you apply?

oooh that’s intense. I applied to Newcastle Sheffield Worcester and queen mary. Newcastle and qm are 5 year programme tho. Wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by med133
oooh that’s intense. I applied to Newcastle Sheffield Worcester and queen mary. Newcastle and qm are 5 year programme tho. Wbu?

Just York and Sheff🙂 got an interview invite through today for Sheffield. Apparently they’re not giving interview questions this year 😱
Reply 10
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hey,
There is a GEM rep for MedSoc who often posts in these forums who can answer more specific questions. But I just thought Id pop in too. I did not do the GEM entry course, but some of my friends have and I can try to answer any questions that you have. So if there is anything you want to know, feel free to ask.
And if not, good luck with all your applications!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Hi, are the GEM and a100 MMI stations the same? If so, could you give some info on what to expect for the information processing and logic station? I’ve heard Cardiff does a maths test, will this station be similar? Thanks!
Reply 11
Just York and Sheff🙂 got an interview invite through today for Sheffield. Apparently they’re not giving interview questions this year 😱

Yay I got one too! How do you know they are not giving the questions because I read the email and interview page on their website and there was nothing about not giving the questions?
Reply 12
Original post by med133
Yay I got one too! How do you know they are not giving the questions because I read the email and interview page on their website and there was nothing about not giving the questions?

Woohoo! Congrats! 🤩

People on the A100 page confirmed that after booking their interview (I’ve not done mine yet) that they did not get any questions like previous years with their confirmation email.

Another person said that on a visit day the head of admissions said that last year was the last year they were giving out questions
Reply 13
Woohoo! Congrats! 🤩

People on the A100 page confirmed that after booking their interview (I’ve not done mine yet) that they did not get any questions like previous years with their confirmation email.

Another person said that on a visit day the head of admissions said that last year was the last year they were giving out questions

Oh that scary that they changed it this year, I wonder how they are going to do it now?
Reply 14
Think it’s the same stations. Says this on interview confirmation email (No extra info that’s what’s already available to everyone):

“In preparation, please see Medicine admissions 2024 for information about attending the interview.
The MMI comprises 8 Stations covering the following topics:
Sheffield and the MBChB Programme
Medicine in a wider context
Good Medical Practice
Attitudes and values (Values Based Recruitment)
Candidate as a person
Communication skills
Ethics, values and attitudes
Information processing/Logic”

I’d be interested to know more about what the last station might entail
Reply 15
Anyone got any idea of when we might hear something?
Reply 16
Original post by sao6
Anyone got any idea of when we might hear something?
On the a100 post they said they called admission and they said early March. So I’d guess we have about 2 weeks yet. They also said they come out in batches and I think in previous years a101’s came out last.

😬
Reply 17
Have you guys heard anything
Reply 18
Original post by 44748
Have you guys heard anything
Nothing yet, wonder when we should expect stuff given A100 have started hearing back
Reply 19
Anyone heard ANYTHING? The A100 are getting offers now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending