The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Theatre Production Application

Hey guys,

I'm a foreign student applying to theatre production and I'm kind of worried about my portfolio. Does anyone know what they expect to see in it? And do they always ask to see it, or is it only sometimes?

Thanks!
Is this a specified part of the application process for Bath Spa, or are you just assuming this is what they will want?
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by sydneybridge
Is this a specified part of the application process for Bath Spa, or are you just assuming this is what they will want?

On their website it only says "Applicants must have 280-300 UCAS points and be able to show a demonstrable interest in an area of Theatre Production."

But people in contact with the university have told me that they might ask for an interview and a portfolio.
So its only a rumour then ? First thing to do is to contact Bath Spa and ask them if they will want this at all. They will probably say something like 'You'll be told what to bring if we call you for interview' but it is worth asking anyway because what you have heard might be wrong.

What they probably want is proof that you are actively involved in theatre - that you didn't wake up yesterday and think 'That sounds glamorous'. And stuff you can talk about if you a are called to interview.

So, IF they want 'evidence', then start gathering together stuff you have collected about work you've done - depending on your role obviously. Cue sheets, a prompt copy you marked up, lighting you have designed, photos/model of a set design etc. And think about how you can present this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending