The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Uni of Exeter - BA Drama

Hi, I’m going in as a first year at Exeter doing a BA in Drama, I was wondering if someone could explain the courses that I’ll be taking next year, along with what to expect in my first year.

I’m also quite interested in Lighting design and Directing stage productions so if there are any clubs that you’d recommend joining it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Hi there, unfortunately I don't have the first hand knowledge that you may have been hoping for however I did do some checking around for you and can advise the following:

The first year of our BA Drama programme comprises of four core modules.
In the first term you will study a studio-based module designed to explore practical techniques for theatre practitioners and a lecture/seminar-based module, which will introduce you to collaborative creation and global theatre history, respectively.
In the second term your practical work will focus on staging a dramatic text and your other module will equip you to do performance analysis.

In regards to extracurricular opportunities for theatre, the University of Exeter's Student's Guild has a range of different societies. Notable societies for directing plays include EUTCO and Theatre with Teeth. Exeter also has a designated society called ExeTech in order to develop, practice and enhance technical theatre skills such as lighting design as you have mentioned. All details for the societies outline will be available on the Guild website.

Chris
University of Exeter Student Recruitment
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending