The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Official Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have a conditional offer to study MA Radio Production. I got my undergraduate degree results a week ago and uploaded them to my application, I also emailed the admissions team to let them know and they said they'd be in touch soon. Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for my place to be confirmed? I'm a bit anxious because I want to be able to start the accommodation process and I can't do that until my status changes to Unconditional Firm. Thanks!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Does anyone know when we're going to get sent info about payment for accommodation? Or has anyone gotten it yet? I got an email from Unilet a week ago saying they'd send me the info during the week but I haven't gotten anything so far.
Original post by sarah_s92
Hi, I have a conditional offer to study MA Radio Production. I got my undergraduate degree results a week ago and uploaded them to my application, I also emailed the admissions team to let them know and they said they'd be in touch soon. Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for my place to be confirmed? I'm a bit anxious because I want to be able to start the accommodation process and I can't do that until my status changes to Unconditional Firm. Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on getting your undergrad results! I'm sure they're on the case, but if you're worried then it might be worth getting in contact with askBU.

Hope that helps!
Katie
Original post by juliaraho
Does anyone know when we're going to get sent info about payment for accommodation? Or has anyone gotten it yet? I got an email from Unilet a week ago saying they'd send me the info during the week but I haven't gotten anything so far.

Hi Juliaraho,

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure the email is on its way. If you want to find out when the email is due, you could always get in contact with askBU.

Let me know if you've got any more questions!
Katie
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on getting your undergrad results! I'm sure they're on the case, but if you're worried then it might be worth getting in contact with askBU.

Hope that helps!
Katie

Thanks for the reply. I was informed that my results haven't been received, so it seems they're not showing up on my application.
Original post by sarah_s92
Thanks for the reply. I was informed that my results haven't been received, so it seems they're not showing up on my application.

Hi Sarah,

Oh no! Glad you're getting it sorted now.

Katie
All sorted now, my offer was updated to Unconditional. Should I have received some sort of confirmation email? Because I heard some people were receiving them, and I'm still getting emails that are addressing conditional applicants.
Hi, I'm a year 12 student waiting for my AS results and I have my heart set on Bournemouth uni. I would like to study a business management related course- possibly a marketing course.

First of all, what's the difference between business management with marketing course and a marketing communications course.

Secondly, what can increase the chances of me getting into the uni. So what does BU look for in their candidates in particular. I have probably left it a bit late to find work experience this summer but can you think of any type of work experience j should look into?

Thanks
Hey
Im an AS student going to A2 thinking of doing the creative events management course at AUB? To anyone who may do it, what are the hardest elements? And how can i make my application stand out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K.stober
Hey
Im an AS student going to A2 thinking of doing the creative events management course at AUB? To anyone who may do it, what are the hardest elements? And how can i make my application stand out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I'm afraid you've got the wrong thread! We're Bournemouth University and I think you want to chat to Arts University Bournemouth. Good luck with your application! And let us know if you want to know about any of our courses too.

Katie
Original post by chloenew23
Hi, I'm a year 12 student waiting for my AS results and I have my heart set on Bournemouth uni. I would like to study a business management related course- possibly a marketing course.

First of all, what's the difference between business management with marketing course and a marketing communications course.

Secondly, what can increase the chances of me getting into the uni. So what does BU look for in their candidates in particular. I have probably left it a bit late to find work experience this summer but can you think of any type of work experience j should look into?

Thanks

Hi,

Good luck with your AS results! It's great that you're getting ahead and looking at unis, and we're of course really pleased to hear that you've got your heart set on BU.

Have you visited us for an Open Day yet? You can go to talks about the courses and meet staff, so that might be a really good opportunity to work out exactly which course you'd like to apply for. In the meantime, you can have a look at the course modules online and see where the two courses vary. Here's the course content for Business Studies with Marketing and here's the course content for Marketing Communications. Just to throw a spanner in the works, we also offer BSc Marketing.

You also asked how you can improve your chances of being given an offer. If you go to each course on our website, click 'entry requirements' on the left-hand side and then 'selection criteria' you'll be able to see what we look for in applications. Work experience is a great idea if you have time!

I hope that helps and just ask if you've got any more questions. Hope to see you at an Open Day!

Katie
Hi,I got into the university through clearing so I was wondering what shops are close by to the uni and what the night life is like?
Original post by turiga28
Hi,I got into the university through clearing so I was wondering what shops are close by to the uni and what the night life is like?

Hey, well done on getting into BU through clearing. My names Dom and I'm going into my final year of Marketing Communications.

Bournemouth is really easy to get around and there are loads of shops down in the town centre which is a 10 min bus journey from Talbot Campus. Lansdowne Campus is walking distance and that's where halls of residence are also.

There are loads of shops in the town centre: Topshop, River Island, Zara, (most of the high-street shops). Then there's most of the popular fast food chains and lots of new restaurants like 7bone, burger shop, steak & lobster and loads of Chinese, Indians, even African and Japanese.

Now the night life. Bournemouth ALWAYS has something going on at night for students. With clubs constantly being refurbed and new events launching. We also have an O2 academy down in Boscombe which is only a taxi journey away (walk home is definitely an option to save money). I won't give too much away, but I promise you that you won't be disappointed!

Enjoy freshers, but honestly make sure you get to all of the welcome lectures ect. I know it's a cliche, but work hard play hard and you'll have the best time.

Cheers and enjoy Uni life,
Dom
Hey, I got into Bournemouth on an Accounting and Business course however I don't want to do business I would rather do Accounting and Finance. Is it a big deal to change ? I know the first year is pretty much identical for both courses.
Also is Accounting and finance solely based at the Business School at landsdown. I ask because to get to Talbot would take between 1hr and 1hr 30mins which is a killer commute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zebadee321
Hey, I got into Bournemouth on an Accounting and Business course however I don't want to do business I would rather do Accounting and Finance. Is it a big deal to change ? I know the first year is pretty much identical for both courses.
Also is Accounting and finance solely based at the Business School at landsdown. I ask because to get to Talbot would take between 1hr and 1hr 30mins which is a killer commute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Zebadee321. Congratulations on getting your place at BU! Both the courses you mentioned share a first year and you'll have the opportunity to choose your options at the end of the first year. This means you can choose the units you wish to do at that point - i.e. more finance related than business. Both courses are delivered at our Talbot Campus - it's our postgraduate courses that are delivered at Lansdowne Campus. Have you considered getting the train to Bournemouth and then using the uni buses to get to campus? Hope that helps. Thanks, Sarah
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I considered the train but it would actually take longer. I'm living east Christchurch. Train station is a 30min walk. Bus stop less than 5mins. I shall have to live with it I suppose.
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hey, well done on getting into BU through clearing. My names Dom and I'm going into my final year of Marketing Communications.

Bournemouth is really easy to get around and there are loads of shops down in the town centre which is a 10 min bus journey from Talbot Campus. Lansdowne Campus is walking distance and that's where halls of residence are also.

There are loads of shops in the town centre: Topshop, River Island, Zara, (most of the high-street shops). Then there's most of the popular fast food chains and lots of new restaurants like 7bone, burger shop, steak & lobster and loads of Chinese, Indians, even African and Japanese.

Now the night life. Bournemouth ALWAYS has something going on at night for students. With clubs constantly being refurbed and new events launching. We also have an O2 academy down in Boscombe which is only a taxi journey away (walk home is definitely an option to save money). I won't give too much away, but I promise you that you won't be disappointed!

Enjoy freshers, but honestly make sure you get to all of the welcome lectures ect. I know it's a cliche, but work hard play hard and you'll have the best time.

Cheers and enjoy Uni life,
Dom

Hi and thank you so much.Do you think its an expensive area?like the food?resturants?clubs etc?
Hi,

I've just been offered a place at Bournemouth through clearing today and am just waiting for my offer to be confirmed on UCAS so I can accept it.
I wanted to find out if there is any way I can find out what accommodation is available before I confirm it, as I can't do this until I've accepted my offer which may not be until Monday now.
Reply 38
You have to accept the offer to actually start the accommodation rolling.
Reply 39
Hi,
I have unfortunately not got into halls (im a fresher) but have found that Lulworth House and Union House are available. Do you know how many freshers stay there? Or would i be with other years? Is there any difference apart from it being privately owned... Ive been told its only students there but just wondered what type of students!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending