The Student Room Group

Physician Associate Studies 2022 entry discussion thread

Hi guys! Is anyone interested in studying PA next year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, i am!
Hey! :smile:

If anyone wants to know anything about the Master of Physician Associate Studies course at Bradford, please let me know and I'll do my best to help!

Becky
how many places are there at uob?
Reply 4
I have applied for September 2022? Fingers crossed that I get a place.

Kim
Reply 5
Hi I am interested....would be returning to studies after a 20 years working in clinical trials. Hoping my background ( MSc Biomedical Science) and relevant working history will be accepted. Are there many very mature students on the course usually Becky? Also considering Leeds do you know any major differences?
Reply 6
I’ve applied! Has anyone gotten any interviews?
Hi,

I've applied for PA, and just heard back from my first university for an interview. I'm so nervous because I don't really know what to expect, plus it's such late notice. Anyone had a PA interview already?
Reply 8
Original post by FatimaBouraoui
Hi,

I've applied for PA, and just heard back from my first university for an interview. I'm so nervous because I don't really know what to expect, plus it's such late notice. Anyone had a PA interview already?

Hi I haven’t but how long was the waiting time before you got an interview?
Original post by PAtryout

I've applied to Newcastle but their application deadline is end of January and they will only look at the applications then.
Original post by PipDaw
Hi I am interested....would be returning to studies after a 20 years working in clinical trials. Hoping my background ( MSc Biomedical Science) and relevant working history will be accepted. Are there many very mature students on the course usually Becky? Also considering Leeds do you know any major differences?

I am a mature student. Finishing podiatry degree and wanted to get into medicine but missed the UCAT cut off to my chosen uni.
Original post by PAtryout

I applied on Sunday and heard back on Tuesday. Very quick turnaround (which is not usual), I haven't heard anything from my other unis. They'll probably take a few weeks
Reply 12
Original post by Rivkygoldkin
I've applied to Newcastle but their application deadline is end of January and they will only look at the applications then.

Hi, did you apply via ucas undergraduate or ucas postgraduate?
Original post by Filr
Hi, did you apply via ucas undergraduate or ucas postgraduate?

I added it as a 5th choice after 4 medicine choices. So undergraduate. It seems that the new ucas hub has amalgamated both undergraduate and postgraduate applications
I added it as a 5th choice after 4 medicine choices. So undergraduate. It seems that the new ucas hub has amalgamated both undergraduate and postgraduate applications

I'm in this situatuon as well, I have 1 choice left on UCAS which im gonna add a PA course to. I emailed the uni I'm going to add and they said I can email them a separate personal statement if I don't want my UCAS one to be read (medicine one). Are you doing this too by any chance? :smile:
Original post by Bubblemind200
I'm in this situatuon as well, I have 1 choice left on UCAS which im gonna add a PA course to. I emailed the uni I'm going to add and they said I can email them a separate personal statement if I don't want my UCAS one to be read (medicine one). Are you doing this too by any chance? :smile:

I phoned them up and they said that if they need another personal statement they would email me. That is Newcastle, they are very nice and don't just reject people outright because smth was missing. Have you made your mind up about PA if you don't get into medicine or might try medicine for next year? I'm really gutted I missed the UCAT cutoff this year and given my age I don't know if waiting around and potentionally not getting in is this smart anymore!
I phoned them up and they said that if they need another personal statement they would email me. That is Newcastle, they are very nice and don't just reject people outright because smth was missing. Have you made your mind up about PA if you don't get into medicine or might try medicine for next year? I'm really gutted I missed the UCAT cutoff this year and given my age I don't know if waiting around and potentionally not getting in is this smart anymore!

Thats nice of them. I guess for masters/ postgrad applications they are less strict and are more flexible with you. And I completely sympathise with you about missing UCAT cut offs. This is my second time applying and I don't feel hopeful about getting in this year either. It's quite tedious and exhausting and honestly, I decided I would be happy with going down the PA route, there are so many benefits and advantages to being one while still being in that medical/doctor setting if that makes sense. I also feel like in the future there could be a shortcut for PA's to become doctors if they chose to, since the roles are real similar. And don't worry about your age, whatever you choose to do you will end up with a life long career which you will (hopefully) be happy in!
Has anyone applied for St George's MPAS and heard anything about interviews?
Reply 18
Hi I have applied but haven't heard back yet. Apparently interviews are held in February/March so we should hear back soon
I've applied but havent heard anything either! glad to know im not the only one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending