The Student Room Group

Discontinued

Anyone had their fave foods discontinued or no longer sold in the shops?
I've had a few things and it's really annoying!

There used to be a colmans cajun chicken and potato wedges mix that was my favourite meal of all time - until they stopped making it :frown: I can't seem to find a replacement that tastes as good...

Also, I used to love Haribo Peaches. And guess what? They stopped making them. (Maybe I was the only one that bought them!)

Now, I'm finding it increasingly harder to find poptarts. My local Co-Op stopped selling them as well as 3 local supermarkets. Now I have to go to a supermarket further away to buy them.

And I'm sure there were a few more of my fave foods that are now gone forever but I can't remember them. :frown:

Rant over :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Have they stopped making those bursting bugs? They were really nice :biggrin:
Reply 2
bursting bugs? what are/(were!) they?
I think they were made by Rowntrees. They were basically small lumps of chewy, mellow-soft, bug shaped jelly. Inside was some sweet liquor, mmmmm....
I used to be able to buy L'Dor Easter eggs, which had white chocolate on the outside and milk chocolate on the inside. But I'm going back at least 10 years.
Reply 5
I very much doubt you're in Nunavut, theres only a bunch of eskimos, moose and polarbears in Nunavut so pull the other one
Mustard-man
I think they were made by Rowntrees. They were basically small lumps of chewy, mellow-soft, bug shaped jelly. Inside was some sweet liquor, mmmmm....

Oooh they were amazing, especially the green ones :cool:
Reply 7
Pop tarts aswell.

but there is always cybercandy.co.uk for the americanstyleeeee poptarts!
loradora68
Oooh they were amazing, especially the green ones :cool:

hehe, they certainly were! :biggrin:
Milkybar Munchies have stopped being made :frown:

And Wispa bars. I loved Wispa bites.

Not forgetting that Chocolate Ready Brek is getting harder to find.

Has anyone noticed that Mars Bars don't taste as good these days?
Reply 10
Lucky Charms :frown: Can anyone believe they've been off UK shelves for 10 years?! :eek:

Choccielatte, I wouldn't ask anyone claiming to be an English Language expert for help if they were spelling 'ambassador' as 'embassador' in their sig, as you are. :rolleyes:
Angelil
Lucky Charms :frown: Can anyone believe they've been off UK shelves for 10 years?! :eek:

Choccielatte, I wouldn't ask anyone claiming to be an English Language expert for help if they were spelling 'ambassador' as 'embassador' in their sig, as you are. :rolleyes:

Thanks for poiniting that out!
I must have been tired when I changed my sig that day!

+Rep for you
Lucky Charms as well you can still buy them in lets eat but there £6.85
Reply 13
lol no worries! Looking at my post again, I sounded mean, so I'm glad you didn't take it too personally :smile:
Reply 14
Angelil

I remember those:frown:
When I lived in Australia - they made Pokemon lucky charms, with pokemon shaped marhmallow and cheerio rings.

They took them off the market I believe for the amount of sugar in them.
Reply 16
Originally posted by Choccielatte
And Wispa bars. I loved Wispa bites.

I loved them too! The Wispa Bites was my favourite chocolate bar! Wispa was great, why did it have to go? :frown: There was also another Cadbury's bar whose name I can't remember but it was sort of like a flake but waaaaay nicer, its been gone for years but it was sooooooo nice!

Also, Nerds!!!!! I have to go to Cyber Candy in Covent Garden to get them where they cost £1.15 a box :eek: They're really not worth it for that much!!!!
belle_27
I loved them too! The Wispa Bites was my favourite chocolate bar! Wispa was great, why did it have to go? :frown: There was also another Cadbury's bar whose name I can't remember but it was sort of like a flake but waaaaay nicer, its been gone for years but it was sooooooo nice!

Also, Nerds!!!!! I have to go to Cyber Candy in Covent Garden to get them where they cost £1.15 a box :eek: They're really not worth it for that much!!!!

Don't forget Wonka Exploder bars.

I loved the Orange Nerds.

Do they still sell Snow Flakes?
I thought Whispa bars were just cadburys equivalent to the Aero. I haven't seen any Lion bars around for ages either :frown: Or toffee crisps.
Never insult Wispa bars....

They ruled.

Especially Wispa Bites.

They were gorgeous.

Our tesco garage sells Lion Bars and Toffee Crisps they are quite common.

Latest