The Student Room Group

A2 Unit 4 Edexcel - Tectonics

Scroll to see replies

Hey i thought i'll post my human factor notes for tectonic hazard here to help anyone that needs it. The physical factor notes will be done later on in the day and i will post that too. tell me what you think of it and please correct me, if I've mentioned anything that does not seem correct in the notes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by geoAbdul
Hey i thought i'll post my human factor notes for tectonic hazard here to help anyone that needs it. The physical factor notes will be done later on in the day and i will post that too. tell me what you think of it and please correct me, if I've mentioned anything that does not seem correct in the notes.

edited the notes download this one. In case you wondering where the diagrams source came from it was from the Edexcel unit 4 Textbook ( Degg's model , Park's models , Crunch model and disaster risk equation) Kate's model got it off a power point which i could not seem to find; not a major problem tho as you don't have to explain every diagram that you are going to use in your methodology.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 82

Thank you soooo much! :smile: you are awesome! this is going to helppp a lottt!any chance you have something similar for human factors?? :smile:
Original post by lillyac
Thank you soooo much! :smile: you are awesome! this is going to helppp a lottt!any chance you have something similar for human factors?? :smile:

well this one is for the human factor, do you mean physical factors, if yes then yeah in the process of completing it, i will post it later on. and no problem
Reply 84
what definitions are people learning?
challenge/tectonic event/ tectonic hazard/ impacts ??
Original post by Bobbs
what definitions are people learning?
challenge/tectonic event/ tectonic hazard/ impacts ??

I'm just learning the definitions i put on my notes really. for challenge using the oxford dictionary, tectonic hazed (tectonic event is same thing i think), disaster using john wittows quote to define them, and impacts it just the cause of something.
Reply 86
well this one is for the human factor, do you mean physical factors, if yes then yeah in the process of completing it, i will post it later on. and no problem

Yes~I meant physical, sorry! Thanksss in advance! :smile:
Does anyone got any possible questions?
does anyone know good case studies for a location point ?
Original post by algebraicgenius
Does anyone got any possible questions?

yeah i posted some on page 3 of this threat maybe you did not see but here

*Evaluate significant factories that determine the impacts of tectonic hazards
*To what extent is population the main factor affecting the impacts of tectonic hazards
* Assess the significance of factories and severity affecting the impacts of tectonic hazards
* The increasingly disastrous impacts of tectonic hazards are result of human and physical factors; Discuss
yeah i posted some on page 3 of this threat maybe you did not see but here

*Evaluate significant factories that determine the impacts of tectonic hazards
*To what extent is population the main factor affecting the impacts of tectonic hazards
* Assess the significance of factories and severity affecting the impacts of tectonic hazards
* The increasingly disastrous impacts of tectonic hazards are result of human and physical factors; Discuss

Thank you!
I have finished the physical factor notes, hope it helps. for the sources of where i got the information from some are geoactives / factsheet and fact files if you want any of them documents then just pm me and ill send them to you for extra reading
I also thought it might be good idea to put all the case studies into one document, it might make it easier for some of you.
If anyone can help again: Thank you.
How should I section my analysis?
Original post by The 1920s chick
If anyone can help again: Thank you.
How should I section my analysis?

well it depends on the question, but typically people doing it in this sort of structure, but of course with different physical and human factors this just example, and i would recommend you evaluate through the whole report not just on the conclusion just to be on the safe side i guess, also if you end up running out of time and do not manage to quite finish the conclusion you will still end up getting marks if you evaluated throughout the report.

Intro
Methodology
Main Body (Analysis)
1. Physical factors
1.1 VEI
1.2 Magnitude / Frequency
1.3 Plate Boundary
2. Human Factors
2.1 Capacity to cope
2.2 Population Density
2.3 Level of economic development
3 other factors
Conclusion
well it depends on the question, but typically people doing it in this sort of structure, but of course with different physical and human factors this just example, and i would recommend you evaluate through the whole report not just on the conclusion just to be on the safe side i guess, also if you end up running out of time and do not manage to quite finish the conclusion you will still end up getting marks if you evaluated throughout the report.

Intro
Methodology
1. Physical factors
1.1 VEI
1.2 Magnitude / Frequency
1.3 Plate Boundary
2. Human Factors
2.1 Capacity to cope
2.2 Population Density
2.3 Level of economic development
3 other factors
Conclusion

You have been a life saviour! THANK YOU!
Reply 96
Original post by geoabdul
i have finished the physical factor notes, hope it helps. For the sources of where i got the information from some are geoactives / factsheet and fact files if you want any of them documents then just pm me and ill send them to you for extra reading

thanksss! :smile:))
Reply 97
Can I please ask how do you justify your case study?
Original post by ho2901
Can I please ask how do you justify your case study?

You justify it by linking it to the question, so if your talking about magnitude of an event and the questions is how it can factors make tectonic hazards more disastrous. Then you simply talk about what magnitude is, e.g higher magnitude events tend to cause an area being more disastrous than others etc. then you say we can see this by looking at Kashmir 2005 earthquake a 7.6 magnitude, as a result of this high magnitude it has lead to 100,000 deaths and 3million made homeless and then you bring in your other case study that has a lower magnitude to show the contrast and explain that etc. towards the end you link back to what the question ask you to do and there you can also justify the case study.

Hope this answered you question.
Reply 99
You justify it by linking it to the question, so if your talking about magnitude of an event and the questions is how it can factors make tectonic hazards more disastrous. Then you simply talk about what magnitude is, e.g higher magnitude events tend to cause an area being more disastrous than others etc. then you say we can see this by looking at Kashmir 2005 earthquake a 7.6 magnitude, as a result of this high magnitude it has lead to 100,000 deaths and 3million made homeless and then you bring in your other case study that has a lower magnitude to show the contrast and explain that etc. towards the end you link back to what the question ask you to do and there you can also justify the case study.

Hope this answered you question.

Thank you for your reply. In the introduction, do you have to mention reasons for choosing a particular case study? If it is needed, how will you do so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending