1.2 secondary hhazards
2 Vulnerability - human and physical factors
2.1 economic and social LICS vs HIC
2.2 physical and environmental
3. Capacity to cope - just human
3.1 management
3.2 scientific advancement
Original post by ho2901
Thank you for your reply. In the introduction, do you have to mention reasons for choosing a particular case study? If it is needed, how will you do so?

well in the intro, to set the framework of your report you do need to mention a few case studies i would say 2 to 4, and you only briefly explain the reason for choosing.

say you mentioned population density you talk about that briefly and you say an example of a case study that i will be using for this factor will be Kashmir 2005 and Turkey Izmit as the both have same magnitude affect 7.6 but different population density this will allow me to explore how tectonic hazard can lead to more disastrous impact in two contrasting locations something like that i think will be fine.
Reply 103
Original post by geoAbdul
well in the intro, to set the framework of your report you do need to mention a few case studies i would say 2 to 4, and you only briefly explain the reason for choosing.

say you mentioned population density you talk about that briefly and you say an example of a case study that i will be using for this factor will be Kashmir 2005 and Turkey Izmit as the both have same magnitude affect 7.6 but different population density this will allow me to explore how tectonic hazard can lead to more disastrous impact in two contrasting locations something like that i think will be fine.

Reply 104
Soo, how'd everyone do?

I ended up only using four case studies, two of which were awfully chosen and my main body was a glorious two pages but in total I did six pages... Aha if they had given me four hours totally would have smashed it though. :wink:

Hardly any of it was geography just basic report writing skills from English :/
Reply 105
Do you put identify your case studies in the intro or research&methodology section??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending