The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Questions, questions...

Now that your UCAS applications are all (hopefully) locked down and you have made your final choices, you may still have burning questions about Roehampton that you need to get off your chest! Go ahead and post them in this thread and we'll do our best to answer them for you...

We look forward to hearing from you! :smile: #WeAreUR

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! For your applicant days, are students allowed to bring parents with them? Also, what exactly is the difference between a normal open day and an applicant day? :smile:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by Monica-xx
Hi guys! For your applicant days, are students allowed to bring parents with them? Also, what exactly is the difference between a normal open day and an applicant day? :smile:

Hi Monica! Good to hear from you :smile:

Offer Holder days are much smaller in scale than our standard undergraduate Open Days, and are designed to give you a more intimate, informal, in-depth experience of Roehampton life and - in particular - your subject of choice!

Bringing parents is discouraged, as we want to make you feel like a Roehampton student and give you an opportunity to relax, take in your environment and start looking on Roehampton as your new home away from home!

Looking forward to seeing you soon! :smile:
Hi :smile: thanks for the reply back! Looking forward to the applicant day :biggrin:
I only recently found out about the RoePact Compact Scheme. Is there any chance that I can still apply or am I too late? Thanks!
Hi,

I am an international student from the US. I read in one place that international students have to make a course deposit, but then I think I might have read somewhere else that US students are exempt from this. Which one is correct?
Original post by LissyDearest
Hi,

I am an international student from the US. I read in one place that international students have to make a course deposit, but then I think I might have read somewhere else that US students are exempt from this. Which one is correct?

Hi - I've reached out to our International Team regarding this query and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them! :smile:
I only recently found out about the RoePact Compact Scheme. Is there any chance that I can still apply or am I too late? Thanks!

Hi Monica - the deadline for joining the Compact scheme is 15th January, but allowance might be able to be made if you telephone 020 8392 3824 or email [email protected].

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by University of Roehampton (Official)
Hi Monica - the deadline for joining the Compact scheme is 15th January, but allowance might be able to be made if you telephone 020 8392 3824 or email [email protected].

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for your reply back. I was able to get in contact with someone regarding the Compact scheme :biggrin: By the way, on campus is there a place where students can play sports like basketball in a sports hall or some place like that? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!! :colondollar:
Thanks for your reply back. I was able to get in contact with someone regarding the Compact scheme :biggrin: By the way, on campus is there a place where students can play sports like basketball in a sports hall or some place like that? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!! :colondollar:

Hi Monica - we have a large Sports Hall and a Multi-Use Games Area which is perfect for basketball (and a host of other sports!) :smile:
Original post by University of Roehampton (Official)
Hi Monica - we have a large Sports Hall and a Multi-Use Games Area which is perfect for basketball (and a host of other sports!) :smile:

Thanks for the info guys! :biggrin: you've been really helpful! I shall ask again if I have any further questions :smile:
Original post by LissyDearest
Hi,

Hi - sorry it has taken us so long to get back to you with a response. Our International team has sent through this:

"It really depends on what type of student you are... If you are a full degree US student, you are exempt from the international student deposit that is required to secure a place at Roehampton. More info here: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Finance/International/"

Hope this helps! :smile:
Hi,
I've never heard of an applicant day, is that the same as an offer holder day? Also, what can I expect from the dance offer holder day I'm going to? :smile:
Hi :smile: I have two questions.

1) In the RoePact Compact Scheme Events list, what exactly is the 'Liberate the Leader in You' Event? What does it involve?

2) For accommodation, do we have to create an account before we can apply in April?

Thanks!
hi i wanted to know the different assesment methods you have, are we courseoworl assesed or exams?
Hello I made Roehampton uni my firm choice for my subject Business Management with Marketing. They wanted 320 ucas points but I got 400 ucas points from my college. I want to the BBQ event yesterday that they held and got bits and pieces of important information. So basically I just graduated from college so now what did I do. How do I inform them I got 400 ucas points when I haven't got my certificate yet and how will they know what grades have got and when will I informed of the days I come in. I mean I know I sound confused but I just want to know what do I do next.
Reply 16
Hi,

I'm currently applying for the MA in Music Therapy, but I have yet to receive any news about the application process. Could I know when I can expect a reply?

Thanks!
how diverse is this uni?
Female Flatmates Wanted for a flat near King's Cross, London - (£90 per week). Four places available. Must be a non-smoking, tidy, quiet, serious student. If you are interested, please email a message to: [email protected]
Hi,

Does anybody know what is the next step to do if I got unconditional offer from University?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending