The Student Room Group

HELP-"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate"

Since Tuesday I have not been able to access my student finance details. I can log in but whenever I click on my correspondence or bank details or payments it come up as:
"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

For more information, see “About Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help"

I have tried using a different laptop and a different internet browser and I still have this problem. How can I fix it as need to access my student finance details. Thank you, any help will be very much appreciated!
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Since Tuesday I have not been able to access my student finance details. I can log in but whenever I click on my correspondence or bank details or payments it come up as:
"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

For more information, see “About Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help"

I have tried using a different laptop and a different internet browser and I still have this problem. How can I fix it as need to access my student finance details. Thank you, any help will be very much appreciated!

Hello,

Have you tried adding it to your trusted sites list?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Security Tab > Click Trusted Sites > Click Sites > Enter the URL for your website > Click Add

If it doesn't have a https prefix, please remove the tick in the box for Require server verification...

If this doesn't work, let me know. :yep:
Original post by mikeyd85
Hello,

Have you tried adding it to your trusted sites list?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Security Tab > Click Trusted Sites > Click Sites > Enter the URL for your website > Click Add

If it doesn't have a https prefix, please remove the tick in the box for Require server verification...

If this doesn't work, let me know. :yep:

Hi, thanks for trying to help. I've tried this and it still doesn't work. Am having the same problem when trying to access student finance on my phone and other computers. This is annoying as I need to reapply for finance soon so not a good time to be having problems :frown:
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Hi, thanks for trying to help. I've tried this and it still doesn't work. Am having the same problem when trying to access student finance on my phone and other computers. This is annoying as I need to reapply for finance soon so not a good time to be having problems :frown:

I'd give them a call then. Sounds like they have an issue at their end.
Original post by mikeyd85
I'd give them a call then. Sounds like they have an issue at their end.

Ok, thank you
You could just download a different web browser. Internet Explorer can be a bit dodgy when it comes to that particularly when a site doesn't have an up to date security certificate
Reply 6
Original post by marco14196
You could just download a different web browser. Internet Explorer can be a bit dodgy when it comes to that particularly when a site doesn't have an up to date security certificate

OP said that she tried more than one browser.
Original post by estel
OP said that she tried more than one browser.

Well Student Finances website is down for maintanance at the moment as well so
Reply 8
I'm having the same problem. I could access my account correspondence briefly last night and now it has stopped working again. I've tried chrome, firefox and IE. I've also tweaked the security settings and advanced options with no luck. I can only assume it is an issue their end (as always).

It is very annoying as I urgently need to print off some information and get my funding confirmed in the next few days. However it is not surprising to me though; I've found SFE to be hopelessly slow and incompetent over the last few years.... why should their website be any different. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending