The Student Room Group

Broke up with bf and he keeps bombarding me

So I broke up with my bf because I am going to be miles away at uni and he keeps messaging and calling me saying why won't you give us a chance and has said his life is no more, any advice on how to make him stop?
Yes, the block button.

Or, “if you persist with this, I will block you. Please stop”.
Block his number and on every form of social media. And don’t engage with him at all, eventually he’ll stop when he’s not getting any response or interaction from you.
Juist be honest and tell him he means nothing to you *shrug*
Reply 4
Tell him you don’t feel the same. If he doesn’t accept it,it’s fair to block him and get hostile. Not nice to deal with an ex this way but it may well be what’s needed for him to move on
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So I broke up with my bf because I am going to be miles away at uni and he keeps messaging and calling me saying why won't you give us a chance and has said his life is no more, any advice on how to make him stop?

Just curious as to why you broke up specifically?
Using the excuse of 'I'll be miles away at Uni' is very vague, and it's almost like you forgot that people have cars, public transport etc to visit people.
There must have been a more valid reason as to why you broke up with him.
Original post by Adz2042
Just curious as to why you broke up specifically?
Using the excuse of 'I'll be miles away at Uni' is very vague, and it's almost like you forgot that people have cars, public transport etc to visit people.
There must have been a more valid reason as to why you broke up with him.

100% wrong - you dont need any reason to break up with anyone. If its not working for you any more then break up - thats all you need. If your ex boyfriend can't cope with that, thats his issue and not yours.
Reply 7
Original post by KungFuRabbit
100% wrong - you dont need any reason to break up with anyone. If its not working for you any more then break up - thats all you need. If your ex boyfriend can't cope with that, thats his issue and not yours.

One of the best quotes is "To learn from your mistakes, you need to understand what the mistake was".
All I'm asking is for the specific reason as to why, otherwise, how can the ex-bf learn what he did wrong, and move on / not replicate the mistake with a different partner?

If everyone gave specific reasons to our mistakes in life, then maybe these mistakes wouldn't occur so much. Food for thought.
Original post by Adz2042
One of the best quotes is "To learn from your mistakes, you need to understand what the mistake was".
All I'm asking is for the specific reason as to why, otherwise, how can the ex-bf learn what he did wrong, and move on / not replicate the mistake with a different partner?

If everyone gave specific reasons to our mistakes in life, then maybe these mistakes wouldn't occur so much. Food for thought.

Ex's can often get a bit funny about that, 'It's not my job to fix you for some other woman!!!' and so on :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Adz2042

It isn’t as logical as this. People often just change their mind, or decide they didn’t like someone as much as they did, or just want to go out with someone else. Getting a tangible and helpful list of things you could improve on being dumped doesn’t really happen. The best hope is that you learn something from self reflection and become more resilient
(edited 8 months ago)
Tell the police if he keeps harassing you
Original post by Adz2042

If everyone gave specific reasons to our mistakes in life, then maybe these mistakes wouldn't occur so much. Food for though

Nice quote - even if the OP explained what the issues were - they are relevant for this particular instance - it may have nothing to do with her BF. Or maybe they are specific to him. But knowing human nature - people dont take criticism or having their mistakes pointed out well especially where it comes to personal relationships. Again I think its her BF's issue not hers- women need to learn to walk away and not feel obligated to deal with men's insecurities etc once they break up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending