The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

A2B scheme for University of Birmingham's MBChB (A100)

Hello!

I've known about the A2B scheme at Birmingham for a while now, and I hope to use the scheme to apply for medicine in year 13.

The A2B website states that the requirements are:

A level: grades ABB (including Chemistry and Biology)

GCSEs: a minimum of 8 GCSEs with at least 3 at grade A, including 2 As from Maths, English or Science, with a minimum of a grade B in these subjects

I've exceeded the GCSE requirements, however, I'm a tad confused with the A level grades. Are they asking for predicted ABB (in biology and chemistry), or do you have to be predicted A*AA to be considered for A2B medicine?

I really appreciate your help!:smile:

Sami
Reply 1
Bump.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Sami13
Bump.

Predicted ABB my love :wink:
Reply 3
Hello, can I have been predicted A for Maths, A for Biology and M1 (B) for pre U Chemistry. Have 11 GCSEs 2xAs and the rest 8 and 9s' A*s as a mix of the two marking systems (old and new). I have been told that if I gain a high score in UCAT then I can apply for medicine this year by my school but I think this cuts me out of most med schools even if I do well in UCAT. Would it not be better either to take a gap year and just work really hard to prove the predicted grades wrong ? I can do UCAT this year as practise but it has to be done in the year of your entry to uni so I would have to repeat it. Any unis accepting AA B?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending