The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Maths for Medicine

Hello. I have A*A*A prediction for Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Will it be possible for me to get into the application for the A100 Medicinal Course .
Original post by RPS1344
Hello. I have A*A*A prediction for Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Will it be possible for me to get into the application for the A100 Medicinal Course .

Hey @RPS1344

Congratulations on your predicted grades! Some medical schools (including LMS) don't require maths. You can have a look at our entry requirements here https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb-a100/2023/

Hope this helps!

Nellie (Third Year Medical Student)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by RPS1344

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our Medicine and Surgery MB BS (A100) programme.

The standard 2024 entry requirements are AAA at A Level in any subjects, excluding the following: General Studies; Use of Mathematics; World Development; Communication and Culture; and Critical Thinking. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels, we require a pass in the practical element.

There are no GCSE requirements for this programme. Once the academic criteria have been met, academic achievement is not considered further in subsequent parts of the application process.

Therefore, your application would be considered with this subject combination and these predicted grades.

Please note that all applicants must have taken the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) in the same year they apply through UCAS and if you
meet or are predicted to meet our academic requirements and minimum UCAT threshold you will be invited to interview. The process can be found on our School of Medicine Admissions Policy.

Applications to the University's undergraduate degree programmes must be submitted through the UCAS system, and you can apply online here. You will be able to submit your application from the 5th September 2023. The application deadline is 18:00 on Monday 16 October 2023.

Hope this helps :smile:

Lydia
Reply 3
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our Medicine and Surgery MB BS (A100) programme.

The standard 2024 entry requirements are AAA at A Level in any subjects, excluding the following: General Studies; Use of Mathematics; World Development; Communication and Culture; and Critical Thinking. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels, we require a pass in the practical element.

There are no GCSE requirements for this programme. Once the academic criteria have been met, academic achievement is not considered further in subsequent parts of the application process.

Therefore, your application would be considered with this subject combination and these predicted grades.

Please note that all applicants must have taken the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) in the same year they apply through UCAS and if you
meet or are predicted to meet our academic requirements and minimum UCAT threshold you will be invited to interview. The process can be found on our School of Medicine Admissions Policy.

Applications to the University's undergraduate degree programmes must be submitted through the UCAS system, and you can apply online here. You will be able to submit your application from the 5th September 2023. The application deadline is 18:00 on Monday 16 October 2023.

Hope this helps :smile:

Lydia

Excuse me , but what is the current UCAT Threshold for 2023 admissions. Please share this information for International students as I am a international student and plan on taking the UKCAT soon , so I need a idea as to which grade I should be aiming to get.
Original post by RPS1344
Excuse me , but what is the current UCAT Threshold for 2023 admissions. Please share this information for International students as I am a international student and plan on taking the UKCAT soon , so I need a idea as to which grade I should be aiming to get.

2870 was 2023 cutoff
Reply 5
Original post by Chi chi5
2870 was 2023 cutoff

Do you have any resources or techniques to achieve this particular score!
Original post by RPS1344
Do you have any resources or techniques to achieve this particular score!

I used MedEntry, I also posted tips in I think the UCAT thread if you check my recent posts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending