The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 01/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

please read!!

How long is everyone spending on the 25 markers?

My teacher has just emailed me and said to do 3 for 3 against- how long does that take people to do?
Original post by hollybradfield
please read!!

My teacher has just emailed me and said to do 3 for 3 against- how long does that take people to do?

It should take you 25 mins hun
Original post by NimaOP
you got a mark scheme for that question?

if that comes up i'm ****ered

No it's never came up before

Original post by xxvine
Are these ones okay
i put free and fair elections, judiciary is independent, many pressure groups and polictical parties exist

No
pm has arbitary proogrative powers
house of lords unelected
no codified constitution

Yep that would work nicely!
Yes bro
Original post by GodalmingStudier
When you say argument for is that meaning there is a crisis?
Sorry my brian is a mess at the moment.
Original post by contradicta

so how would answer it

has as a 5 marker
please read!!

It should take you 25 minutes as you get 40 minutes for each topic
5 Marks - 5 minutes
10 Marks - 10 minutes
25 Marks - 25 minutes
Reply 1587
Any help with things to say about the human rights act - in relation to uk democracy and even pressure groups, i am aware of the petition calling for a referendum on its use ... any other points on it ? x
Original post by Pato1
has as a 5 marker

Yeah, what is liberal democracy has come up but never as a 10 or 25 which is considerably different as you have to evaluate it.
Reply 1589
Is there any time for planning or is it best to just get everything down in time?
Do they allow for watches to be on exam tables ??
How i hope democracy questions are:

5: 2 features of representative democracy
10: 3 strengths of direct democracy
25: is the uk a liberal democracy?
OKAY SO TO MAKE IT CLEAR WHAT ARE THE PREDICITONS FOR PRESSURE GROUPS AND DEMOCRACY? FOR 5/10/25 MARKS PLEASEEEEEE :smile::smile::smile::smile:

This is only because all predictions have got lost in the mists of everything else
Original post by GodalmingStudier
It should take you 25 minutes as you get 40 minutes for each topic
5 Marks - 5 minutes
10 Marks - 10 minutes
25 Marks - 25 minutes

thanks- I've had it in my head for the whole year that the exam is 1 hour 30..... whoops
Original post by 3773
Any help with things to say about the human rights act - in relation to uk democracy and even pressure groups, i am aware of the petition calling for a referendum on its use ... any other points on it ? x

Its crap :') such a horrible act, probably because it was created by europe! -.-
Guys do you reckon they will ask about liberal democrats/policies for the political parties section?

Also for the 25marker do you have to write for and against when it asks for things such as e.g. what are the differences of the main political parties?
please read!!

That would take you way to long, just argue to one side(i.e. 3 for) and have a counter point near the end of the paragraph to show balance, and maybe dedicate one of the three paragraphs to the other side and counter point the other way round. I use a laptop in exams and id never write that much
Anyone got any points for that "yes Britain is a liberal democracy" and "no it is not"?

Quite a lot of people think this question might come up.

Thanks.
Original post by 3773
Is there any time for planning or is it best to just get everything down in time?
Do they allow for watches to be on exam tables ??

You should briefly plan the 10 marker and definitely plan the 25 marker.
Watches are allowed at my college but have to be on the table.
Original post by Mvpmb
That would take you way to long, just argue to one side(i.e. 3 for) and have a counter point near the end of the paragraph to show balance, and maybe dedicate one of the three paragraphs to the other side and counter point the other way round. I use a laptop in exams and id never write that much

that's exactly what I was thinking- i'm sticking to 2 for 2 against. I thought the exam was 1 hour 30 minutes haha so my timings have always been off when I've been practising xD

Are these points ok forr lib democracy?

FOR:

Our human rights and liberties are somewhat protected e.g Human rights act, the european convention of human rights and also the freedom of information act

There are fair and free elections

The government is accountable to parliament and has to face questioning via prime ministers questions and they also are held to account within election campaigns such as the lib dems and tuition fees

High level of political toleration; loads of different pressure groups, political parties, the toleration of protests such as anti austerity and anti tory protests

AGAINST

-house of lords-unelected so goes against principles of democracy

-Our human rights are not entrenched, so practically the pm could change them significantly through passing a bill through parliament like david cameron planning to repeal them

-No codified constitution so prime minister has arbitrary powers, shown through blair invading iraq and cameron selling of pieces of the nhs

-Elections can said to be unfair as votes do not equate to seats leading to unfair results. elections are not for all as the voting age is 18.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending