The Student Room Group

Who is more likely to leave a bad relationship and benefit from it? Guess

Muh pseudo-scientific studies

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/it-s-man-s-and-woman-s-world/201502/who-is-more-likely-leave-bad-relationship?utm_source=FacebookPost&utm_medium=FBPost&utm_campaign=FBPost

1) Cliffs on why women have the upper hand in a reship at all times; possible incentive for hypergamy?

women end more marriages than men (Braver, Whitley, and Ng 1994; Brinig and Allen 2000; Hewitt 2009; Hewitt, Western, and Baxter 2006; Kalmijn and Poortman 2006). Regardless of who is asked (him or her) and what measure is used (e.g., who wanted the divorce more, who filed the legal papers), women are the “dumpers” in about two-thirds of divorces (Braver, Whitley, and Ng 1994).

women more likely to end, and anticipate the end, of relationships dating relationships (Helgeson 1994). By both her and his reports, women are more likely than men to end dating relationships; and regardless of who ends the relationship, women are more likely to have anticipated the breakup.

Rubin, Peplau, and Hill (1981) find that men fall in love more readily than women, while women fall out of love more readily than men. Women much more cautious of a relationship (can confirm)

Women also tend to be more aware of relationship problems (Helgeson 1994; Rubin, Peplau, and Hill 1981) and may have greater unwillingness to stay in an unsatisfactory union.

Women more likey to give up on relationships despite strong emotional investment

As a result, men are more likely than women to report that their partner is their main source of emotional support (McClintock 2014). (obvious gender role issue is obvious)

Brinig and Allen (2000) argue that women are more likely to end marriages than men because divorce is more often in their best interest. (trol ol ol)

Women more chilled and not assed about breakups and divorce, regardless of which partner initiated the split, they will bounce back quicker (Helgeson 1994).
Generally single women are happier than married/coupled women-ONS FTW :wink:(Helgeson 1994).

In addition, women may also be more able to cope with rejection (Rubin, Peplau, and Hill 1981).

2) For some context of why straight men end up putting women on a pedestal so much, see Oprah prying harsh truth out of a beta; women's power to hurt the male ego

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/10/25/o.glass.ego/

Spoiler

-> i.e. know what makes him tick, and you can control his heart and break him if you so desire :colone: know your power

3)

Comments section of 1st article: wife reports bored of beta husband and other reasons marriage is a dangerous social construct

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always thought there was timed thread creation restriction.

At least I know that not to be true any more.
Original post by A5ko
I always thought there was timed thread creation restriction.

At least I know that not to be true any more.

haha, I honestly didn't think this would pass moderation hence the other one
Reply 3
Enjoy your ban
Original post by jakeel1
Enjoy your ban

this passed moderation silly, I've been waiting 3 hours
Original post by Gott
No way am I reading all that drivel. You'd expect them to have more emotional support, within their friend circle. That much is obvious

right so you believe one of the components is obvious. This is interesting
Reply 7
Thanks Smash!:wink:
Original post by Gott
You know about the difference between girl's friend groups and ours don't you?

Man breaks up, friends: 'lol' (I imagine)
Woman does: 'Awww... Don't be upset, just say if you need anything xxxxxx :smile: :smile: :smile:'

well actually, one of the reasons I am here so much is because I don't relate to my fellow penis-bearing denizens very well either. I thought my obsessions with hyper-masculinity might have given that away…:/
Reply 9
I hope this article is in order to inform men that they should throw out the centuries old brainwashing that women should be coddled and put on pedestal because they form homes and try their best to keep families intact. Men have also been fed this lie that women remain patient in the face of all adversity and injustice to keep the relationship intact.

It is hard to deprogram yourself but at least you know that you have been fed lies all long.

Western men should be wary. 60% of all marriages fail and 75-80% of the divorces are initiated by women . Yes, overwhelming number of divorces are initiated by women. There is a very high chance your wife will leave you with your kids and money. Better consult a lawyer about the potential pitfalls of marrying a woman in west. You must be aware of what you are getting into .
Original post by Gott
So you don't actualy want to be beta?

We were forced to listen to Emma Watsons speech in assembly today... #cataclysmiccringefit :unimpressed:

loool no one wants to beta Herr Gott

HeForShe could be good man I just don't want hypocrisies
Reply 11
"Men in old times were true alphas. They would have beheaded every degenerate feminist who chanted equality slogans and refused to submit to their authority."
Do you not get bored of posting the same inane nonsense over and over again like a stuck record player?
Reply 13
Original post by DiddyDec
Do you not get bored of posting the same inane nonsense over and over again like a stuck record player?

It's not nonsense he's backed up what he says with plenty of sources, and it's true, or your in denial.
Original post by DiddyDec

It's not boring it's frightening, when something spikes my anxiety I feel a need for answers to it
Original post by ubi1

Western men should be wary. 60% of all marriages fail and 75-80% of the divorces are initiated by women . Yes, overwhelming number of divorces are initiated by women. There is a very high chance your wife will leave you with your kids and money. Better consult a lawyer about the potential pitfalls of marrying a woman in west. You must be aware of what you are getting into .

pretty terrifying
Reply 16
Original post by Greg Jackson
pretty terrifying

Marriage is more like destruction nowadays:frown:
Original post by ubi1
It's not nonsense he's backed up what he says with plenty of sources, and it's true, or your in denial.

I don't suffer from paranoia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if divorce would be as popular with women if it was them that, 9 times out of 10, ended up in a bedsit, living on potnoodles so that she could afford the rent and the mortgage on the family home as well as the childcare maintenance, while her ex husband stayed in the family home, life relatively unchanged but free to play the field?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending