The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Norton Court!!

Hey guys, I went to the Social Sciences open day on the 21st of Feb and really like NTU. I visited all the accommodations and was stuck between Sandby and Norton Court, but finally went with Norton. Is anyone else picking Norton?? It seems really nice, and even the walking 25 mins to get to the Uni doesn't seem like too much if a problem, essentially a free gym :colone:

Scroll to see replies

I booked Norton Court today! I haven't seen anyone else who has but you, I'm starting to think half the building will be empty :ahee:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I booked Norton Court today too! What room are you in? :smile:
Original post by RebekaT
I booked Norton Court today too! What room are you in? :smile:

053, second floor :u:
Reply 4
Original post by monsterly
053, second floor :u:

I'm 056! :h:
Original post by RebekaT
I'm 056! :h:

Probably neighbours! At least we'll have one more person besides ourselves around there because I'm starting to believe it's going to be creepily quiet :tongue:
Reply 6
Probably neighbours! At least we'll have one more person besides ourselves around there because I'm starting to believe it's going to be creepily quiet :tongue:

yay! yeah me too, I can't find anyone on twitter and stuff :confused: have you joined the facebook group yet?
Original post by RebekaT
yay! yeah me too, I can't find anyone on twitter and stuff :confused: have you joined the facebook group yet?

I've joined one that doesn't seem so popular and I've sent a request for the official group, the one they sent in a recent e-mail, but I haven't been accepted yet. With so many people only mentioning Gill Street South/North, it'll be harder, if not impossible, to spot our flatmates:rolleyes:
Reply 8
I've joined one that doesn't seem so popular and I've sent a request for the official group, the one they sent in a recent e-mail, but I haven't been accepted yet. With so many people only mentioning Gill Street South/North, it'll be harder, if not impossible, to spot our flatmates:rolleyes:

I haven't been accepted to the official one either :frown: We'll find the other 4 people eventually :smile: What course did you apply for?
Original post by RebekaT
I haven't been accepted to the official one either :frown: We'll find the other 4 people eventually :smile: What course did you apply for?

Hopefully, especially with me being an international student, it'll ease my mind if I get to know some of the people I'll be living with for the next year:smile: I applied for Criminology! You?
Reply 10
Hopefully, especially with me being an international student, it'll ease my mind if I get to know some of the people I'll be living with for the next year:smile: I applied for Criminology! You?

Ah thats cool! Where from? :smile: I applied for Media with pathways :biggrin:
Original post by RebekaT
Ah thats cool! Where from? :smile: I applied for Media with pathways :biggrin:

Greece:h: That sounds like a very interesting course, are you excited?
Reply 12
Greece:h: That sounds like a very interesting course, are you excited?

omg I love Greece! :u: and yeah it's the only course I could find anywhere that was right, are you? :smile: Why did you choose to come to NTU?
Original post by RebekaT
omg I love Greece! :u: and yeah it's the only course I could find anywhere that was right, are you? :smile: Why did you choose to come to NTU?

Hope I'll be able to have a succesful conversation after the first week because it'll take some time getting used to only speaking English haha I've always wanted to study Criminology so I'm glad I can make it happen. To be honest I was considering Kent at first but I'd have to go through a foundation year so NTU was the second best choice. Nottingham looks friendly enough :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hope I'll be able to have a succesful conversation after the first week because it'll take some time getting used to only speaking English haha I've always wanted to study Criminology so I'm glad I can make it happen. To be honest I was considering Kent at first but I'd have to go through a foundation year so NTU was the second best choice. Nottingham looks friendly enough :biggrin:

I'm sure I can help with that haha! Nottingham is sooo nice, I've been to two open days now and its amazing :biggrin: I've been accepted into the facebook group now :h:
Original post by RebekaT
I'm sure I can help with that haha! Nottingham is sooo nice, I've been to two open days now and its amazing :biggrin: I've been accepted into the facebook group now :h:

Ohh I'm glad then! Yeah, from the Googling I've done, it's a very pretty city. It'll be nice living there for at least three years:^_^: If I'm honest, Norton Court might be a 25 minute walk from uni but at least there won't constantly be the hustle and bustle of living so close to a pretty active area. I'll appreciate it when exams time creeps around :tongue:
Reply 16
Ohh I'm glad then! Yeah, from the Googling I've done, it's a very pretty city. It'll be nice living there for at least three years:^_^: If I'm honest, Norton Court might be a 25 minute walk from uni but at least there won't constantly be the hustle and bustle of living so close to a pretty active area. I'll appreciate it when exams time creeps around :tongue:

There seems to be loads to do which is good :smile: There's also a good cheap food shop across the road so we'll all be fine haha! My lectures are actually on Clifton Campus so I have to get a 45 min bus everyday, I picked Norton because I want to be living in the city, there doesn't seem to be much around Clifton :smile:
Original post by RebekaT
There seems to be loads to do which is good :smile: There's also a good cheap food shop across the road so we'll all be fine haha! My lectures are actually on Clifton Campus so I have to get a 45 min bus everyday, I picked Norton because I want to be living in the city, there doesn't seem to be much around Clifton :smile:

AHAHA YAY cravings will be met just fine then :tongue: Oh man, a 45 min ride better be worth living in the city. Have to make the best of it:u:
Reply 18
AHAHA YAY cravings will be met just fine then :tongue: Oh man, a 45 min ride better be worth living in the city. Have to make the best of it:u:

Yep! What's your name by the way? :smile:
Original post by RebekaT
Yep! What's your name by the way? :smile:

Leah for friends:smile: I take it yours is Rebeka?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending