The Student Room Group

Solicitor Apprenticeships 2023 Entry

Hi, I am creating this forum as solicitor apprenticeships are not often spoken about.

Please answer the following questions in your introductory replies lol
What law firms are you applying for? (In order of preference if possible.
What a levels do you do?
What were your GCSE grades
What are your predicted grades or what grades are you on track to achieve?
Best work experience achieved

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taeraatutta
Hi, I am creating this forum as solicitor apprenticeships are not often spoken about.

Please answer the following questions in your introductory replies lol
What law firms are you applying for? (In order of preference if possible.
What a levels do you do?
What were your GCSE grades
What are your predicted grades or what grades are you on track to achieve?
Best work experience achieved

Hey :smile:

1) Osborne Clarke, Irwin Mitchell, Bevan Brittan LLP, Mayer Brown, BLM Law and Addleshaw Goddard (had to decline Addleshaw Goddard because the distance was too far) :frown:

2) English Literature, Government & Politics, French.

3) one 9, one 8, two 7s, one 6, 2 5s, 54 for Combined Science and 1 4.

3) For English and Politics, I'm predicted As, French C.

4) Probably between the Ladder to Law Programme by Hogan Lovells (which is still ongoing) and my Norton Rose Fulbright Law Work Experience Day!
Coool, I was at the NRF day too and it was amazing!
I’ll go now
1. Allen and Overy, NRF, Ashurst, Dentons and CMS.
2. English Literature, Law and Business
3. I studied abroad so my GCSE’s are very different lol and not so great because of certain things I couldn’t help. Im taking GCSE Maths and English alongside a levels now though.
4. I’m predicted A, A* and A
5. Has to be the NRF WE day too!
Coool, I was at the NRF day too and it was amazing!
I’ll go now
1. Allen and Overy, NRF, Ashurst, Dentons and CMS.
2. English Literature, Law and Business
3. I studied abroad so my GCSE’s are very different lol and not so great because of certain things I couldn’t help. Im taking GCSE Maths and English alongside a levels now though.
4. I’m predicted A, A* and A
5. Has to be the NRF WE day too!

REALLY?! You were?! If you have LinkedIn, do you want to connect? You can PM me or I'll PM you :smile:

And that's really good! I'm glad that you enjoyed the day too!

And I'm hoping all the best for you and your A-Levels :biggrin:
Thank you and same but I am a year below though.
About to pm you, I think I acc have you on LinkedIn haha
Thank you and same but I am a year below though.

That’s good! At least you have enough time to prepare and ensure that you balance work experience and studies :smile:
About to pm you, I think I acc have you on LinkedIn haha

Oh my gosh yes I think you do actually :biggrin:
Original post by abigailwongaa
That’s good! At least you have enough time to prepare and ensure that you balance work experience and studies :smile:

Ikr many firms aren’t offering work experience as exams are drawing near so I think that’s good. Wish you luck in all your applications and exams, I wish me luck too 😂

1) Osborne Clarke, Irwin Mitchell, Bevan Brittan LLP, Mayer Brown, BLM Law and Addleshaw Goddard (had to decline Addleshaw Goddard because the distance was too far) :frown:

2) English Literature, Government & Politics, French.

3) one 9, one 8, two 7s, one 6, 2 5s, 54 for Combined Science and 1 4.

3) For English and Politics, I'm predicted As, French C.

4) Probably between the Ladder to Law Programme by Hogan Lovells (which is still ongoing) and my Norton Rose Fulbright Law Work Experience Day!

Hi, I just wanted to ask how you were sent the online tests for Mayer Brown? I am aware that the deadline is tomorrow and I submitted my application a few hours ago. If the deadline is tomorrow, does that mean I won't be able to complete the test?
Original post by nawal1540
Hi, I just wanted to ask how you were sent the online tests for Mayer Brown? I am aware that the deadline is tomorrow and I submitted my application a few hours ago. If the deadline is tomorrow, does that mean I won't be able to complete the test?

How it worked for me was that I applied to Mayer Brown and received an invite to the assessment on the same day.

Hope this helps <3
hey i did the tests for mayer brown a while ago and no update yet. has anyone heard anything?
Original post by fr753563
hey i did the tests for mayer brown a while ago and no update yet. has anyone heard anything?

Don’t worry! If you want you can email the recruitment team :smile:
Don’t worry! If you want you can email the recruitment team :smile:

have you heard back ?
Original post by fr753563
have you heard back ?

Apologies for the late reply! Didn’t see this.

And unfortunately, I was unsuccessful :frown:
I was unsuccessful for Irwin Mitchell😔
Original post by nawal1540
I was unsuccessful for Irwin Mitchell😔

I was unsuccessful for the following:

Mayer Brown, Osborne Clarke & Irwin Mitchell.

Please do not put yourself down. Rejection is redirection and I honestly believe that everything will be aligned for you. Just know that you will be fine and don't take this too personally. It may be difficult to process at first however you'll be fine. I know Simmons & Simmons LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright are currently taking applications for Solicitor Apprenticeships.

If you want to, also look at other degree apprenticeships/school leaver programmes to do with Finance, Technology or IT :smile:

Wishing all the best for you!
Tbh it just takes an acceptance, hundred rejections or more only prepare you for the one acceptance. Good luck guys
Tbh it just takes an acceptance, hundred rejections or more only prepare you for the one acceptance. Good luck guys

It really does! Just know that your application for a Solicitor Apprenticeship does not have to be limited to such. There are also Paralegal Apprenticeships from Law firms which offer a Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship 2 years after you complete your Paralegal one :smile:.

However that depends on whether or not you want to do an apprenticeship for more than 6 years.
I have a question about the paralegal apprenticeship though. If you eventually get allowed to do the solicitor apprenticeship from the paralegal apprenticeship, do you get 2 years deducted from your solicitor apprenticeship? I know the LLB takes 3/4 years but can it be fast tracked? I heard Clifford Chance now has a paralegal apprenticeship btw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending