The Student Room Group

Urbanest Westminster Bridge

Is anyone staying at Urbanest Westminster? Just read this on there site, looks like it's also a boarding school for sixth formers :/ don't really want ot be surrounded by 16 year olds... But I've already booked my room. HMM.

Richard Purchase of Alpha Plus Group said:
[INDENT]‘This exciting new development will provide a home for DLD College London, which will incorporate our existing colleges, DLD College and Abbey College London, where we offer A Level, GCSE and a range of other programmes. DLD College has a heritage stretching back over 80 years in London and our new setting in Lambeth will create London’s first bespoke sixth-form boarding college with top quality, en-suite accommodation on the site.’

[/INDENT]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by priceamy
Is anyone staying at Urbanest Westminster? Just read this on there site, looks like it's also a boarding school for sixth formers :/ don't really want ot be surrounded by 16 year olds... But I've already booked my room. HMM.

Richard Purchase of Alpha Plus Group said:
[INDENT]‘This exciting new development will provide a home for DLD College London, which will incorporate our existing colleges, DLD College and Abbey College London, where we offer A Level, GCSE and a range of other programmes. DLD College has a heritage stretching back over 80 years in London and our new setting in Lambeth will create London’s first bespoke sixth-form boarding college with top quality, en-suite accommodation on the site.’

[/INDENT]

I believe the listed colleges are sixth form crammers aimed at international/overseas students. However if you're attending LSE, they do have what they describe as "areas" of the building set aside for the exclusive use of their students. They don't say which bits though. Might be worth emailing their accommodation office to ask.

LSE have an accommodation thread on TSR and Urbanest is a hot topic at present. You can probably get more info there:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=871841&page=154&p=54155283&highlight=Urbanest%20westminster#post54155283
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
I believe the listed colleges are sixth form crammers aimed at international/overseas students. However if you're attending LSE, they do have what they describe as "areas" of the building set aside for the exclusive use of their students. They don't say which bits though. Might be worth emailing their accommodation office to ask.

LSE have an accommodation thread on TSR and Urbanest is a hot topic at present. You can probably get more info there:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=871841&page=154&p=54155283&highlight=Urbanest%20westminster#post54155283

Im going to westminster, just saw that WBSA was so much closer so i booked it, looks like so many people from LSE are staying there so don't know who will be from westminster :/ bit worried tbh i might cancel my booking and stick it out in westminsters accommodation in wembley :frown:
Reply 3
Im going to westminster, just saw that WBSA was so much closer so i booked it, looks like so many people from LSE are staying there so don't know who will be from westminster :/ bit worried tbh i might cancel my booking and stick it out in westminsters accommodation in wembley :frown:

Hey,

I accepted an offer to study at King's, and they recently added Urbanest Westminster Bridge to their website as one of their residences. I really like the quality of Urbanest, but the only thing stopping me booking it is the idea of being with college students. The main reason I'm going to apply for accommodation is for the sociability and university parties. If it's going to be a lot of college students from DLD College and none from King's or other universities, I'm thinking that there wouldn't be as much going on as the residences King's or any other uni has only for themselves.

I called Urbanest an hour ago and asked if there are going to be any floors dedicated to university students, but the lady behind the phone said no - the only requirement to be there is to be a student. I'm not sure if that is 100% true though, she didn't sound very nice behind the phone. I expected more from a quality accommodation company. I believe you haven't seen the rooms in person, since she said the building won't be ready until August, and you just booked it based on the pictures they have provided?
Reply 4
Original post by zmeshign
Hey,

I accepted an offer to study at King's, and they recently added Urbanest Westminster Bridge to their website as one of their residences. I really like the quality of Urbanest, but the only thing stopping me booking it is the idea of being with college students. The main reason I'm going to apply for accommodation is for the sociability and university parties. If it's going to be a lot of college students from DLD College and none from King's or other universities, I'm thinking that there wouldn't be as much going on as the residences King's or any other uni has only for themselves.

I called Urbanest an hour ago and asked if there are going to be any floors dedicated to university students, but the lady behind the phone said no - the only requirement to be there is to be a student. I'm not sure if that is 100% true though, she didn't sound very nice behind the phone. I expected more from a quality accommodation company. I believe you haven't seen the rooms in person, since she said the building won't be ready until August, and you just booked it based on the pictures they have provided?

Hey! I went to see the Urbanest in St Pancras to get an idea of what the company's like and asked this question too, I was told that the college students are having floor 1 and 2 and that they will be in a completely different part of the accommodation, apparently! But I do know that people from basically every uni in london will be staying in this accommodation, due to it's location! You're so lucky to be going to King's, I wanted to go there but didn't get accepted :frown:
Reply 5
Hey! I went to see the Urbanest in St Pancras to get an idea of what the company's like and asked this question too, I was told that the college students are having floor 1 and 2 and that they will be in a completely different part of the accommodation, apparently! But I do know that people from basically every uni in london will be staying in this accommodation, due to it's location! You're so lucky to be going to King's, I wanted to go there but didn't get accepted :frown:

Hello!
I am thinking of booking it as well... there are so many different things to consider, so I still can't make a final decision! My friend was telling me that if the parties are going to be in other accommodations, you can just find out about them and go there and he is right, but then if all your flatmates are from other universities you have to go alone. I have a chance to apply for official King's accommodation, or apply for this. I am indeed lucky to get accepted into king's! How come you didn't apply for westminster's own accommodation by the way?
Reply 6
Hello!
I am thinking of booking it as well... there are so many different things to consider, so I still can't make a final decision! My friend was telling me that if the parties are going to be in other accommodations, you can just find out about them and go there and he is right, but then if all your flatmates are from other universities you have to go alone. I have a chance to apply for official King's accommodation, or apply for this. I am indeed lucky to get accepted into king's! How come you didn't apply for westminster's own accommodation by the way?

Well, I think urbanest will be ten times nicer than uni accommodation but yeah you won't be surrounded by everyone in your uni. But im sure people from kings will be staying there, someone just posted on the urbanest facebook page saying theyre going to kings! what i thought was if people are willing to pay a bit more money for a nicer place, then its more likely that theyll be a bit more respectful and tidy to live with, don't really like the thought of 10000 drunk messy people living with me bringing in trolleys to put in the kitchen haha! im staying there because my unis accommodation is in wembley and theres no way im going to travel 2 hours a day and pay that much when i can live closer!
Reply 7
Well, I think urbanest will be ten times nicer than uni accommodation but yeah you won't be surrounded by everyone in your uni. But im sure people from kings will be staying there, someone just posted on the urbanest facebook page saying theyre going to kings! what i thought was if people are willing to pay a bit more money for a nicer place, then its more likely that theyll be a bit more respectful and tidy to live with, don't really like the thought of 10000 drunk messy people living with me bringing in trolleys to put in the kitchen haha! im staying there because my unis accommodation is in wembley and theres no way im going to travel 2 hours a day and pay that much when i can live closer!

That's a good enough reason :smile: luckily King's has a new build accommodation about 20 minutes walk, but urbanest is still closer! not sure about the extra £300/month though I will have to pay for urbanest though
Reply 8
That's a good enough reason :smile: luckily King's has a new build accommodation about 20 minutes walk, but urbanest is still closer! not sure about the extra £300/month though I will have to pay for urbanest though

im staying in a twin room which works out the same price as the uni halls :smile: theres some sort of wall in the middle of the twin rooms which gives you some privacy :smile:
hey I wonder if Urbanest Westminster offers meals. Is the fee included or we need to pay for the food from the cafe? I received an offer from king's and are choosing residence now. I wonder whether if it is self-catered or not. :smile:
Original post by evelyn3347
hey I wonder if Urbanest Westminster offers meals. Is the fee included or we need to pay for the food from the cafe? I received an offer from king's and are choosing residence now. I wonder whether if it is self-catered or not. :smile:

Hello!

I also recently accepted an offer for kings and have been looking at accommodations! Have you looked at any kings residences/other accommodation near the area other than Westminster bridge urbanest?

Im looking to book a room at urbanest westminster but i was just wondering, does it say you cancel once you book because i dont wanna book just incase i change my mind/go to a different university?
Reply 12
Original post by doohoo_05
Im looking to book a room at urbanest westminster but i was just wondering, does it say you cancel once you book because i dont wanna book just incase i change my mind/go to a different university?

Hey, yeah you can cancel :smile:
Is anyone will stayed at urbanest westminster accommodation in september? I will studying pre master at kings college in next september.
Hi, I don't think you can cancel - according to their T&C's.

I'm wondering the same thing though, how exactly will they get the money from you if you don't show up? Anyone had any experience with this?
Hey, I don't think you can cancel... I'm wondering the same thing. But I don't see how they will go after the money (other than keep your deposit) because I paid by bank transfer. I guess they could just hassle the guarantor?
Reply 16

Hey. I'm Divya, i will be staying at Urbanest Westminster starting this september, and studying at Westminster. Im a bit worried after reading your post about being surrounded by kids. lol. What will you be studying at westminster?
Anyone from essex/east london stayint at westminister bride this year?
Reply 18
Hey! will be studying at kings this september, masters and booked urbanest tower bridge
but i also read some controversial reviews about it which brings some doubt ...

i also got a placement for kings residences in angel lane, anyone has any idea about both options?
though angel lane is a bit far off, it is brand new
but again i am not sure i can cancel urbanest after accepting tcs
any idea?
Hey! I am in the same situation, so i am probably going to stay at Tower Bridge as it is much closer. What controversial reviews you heard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending