The Student Room Group

A2 French- la france Sous l'occupation

Hey I'm doing these essay question: "l'histoire est important les leçons qu'on peut en tirer' analysez les leçons les plus importantes que nous pouvons tirer de la période que vous avez étudiée.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer it?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
What lessons/historical period have you studied?
It's a little hard to answer the question with little context.
Reply 2
Original post by schmuur
What lessons/historical period have you studied?
It's a little hard to answer the question with little context.

I'm not taking French A Level but l'Occupation- France under Nazi military occupation 1940-1944.
Original post by AnnieFraz
Hey I'm doing these essay question: "l'histoire est important les leçons qu'on peut en tirer' analysez les leçons les plus importantes que nous pouvons tirer de la période que vous avez étudiée.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer it?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

you could discuss the role of the French administration in deporting Jews to their deaths in the camps. the notorious Vel d'Hiver would be a good place to start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vel%27_d%27Hiv_Roundup
Reply 4
Ok, well I don't know how much help I can be with history, it was never really my strong subjet. I would pick a few events/key dates and write about how that has changed society and the views or mindset or the people it affected.
"'l'histoire est important les leçons qu'on peut en tirer' analysez les leçons les plus importantes que nous pouvons tirer de la période que vous avez étudiée."

1. Key words in this question?
-
Les leçons- suggests mistakes
- Analysez- pros and cons of both sides of particular lessons that can be learned from.

2. What were the key lessons learned?
Two or three key overall arguments
(a) L'armistice avec les Nazis - Analysez - les positifs et les négatifs
(b) _________________
(c) _________________

I don't wish to give you all the possible lessons learned as you should carefully consider them yourself. Just make sure you're addressing the question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending