The Student Room Group

US Presidential Election 2016 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemting
Hey FoS, are you considering starting your career in politics soon? Or later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting for Hilary to become President and then will coat-tail my way in as she proves that the top politicians can be female more emphatically than ever before in history since Elizabeth I or Cleopatra.
To slightly twist the words of Patrick Henry:

"Give me Bernie, or give me death!"
:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

"Let Bernie come, or the heavens fall!"

"Bring me your Bernie, your huddled Sanders..."
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I'm waiting for Hilary to become President and then will coat-tail my way in as she proves that the top politicians can be female more emphatically than ever before in history since Elizabeth I or Cleopatra.

Its actually a serious question. If I had a pound for every politician that did has a PPE degree, then did some NGO work, then worked a researcher and then made a career in politics... I would have enough money to make Hillary come to my wedding :tongue:

You don't need Hillary or coat-tailing... you can reach the top all by yourself: with virtue, dedication, principles and honesty - and a bit of female power!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Its actually a serious question. If I had a pound for every politician that did has a PPE degree, then did some NGO work, then worked a researcher and then made a career in politics... I would have enough money to make Hillary come to my wedding :P

You don't need Hillary or coat-tailing... you can reach the top all by yourself: with virtue, dedication, principles and honesty - and a bit of female power!

Spoiler

Lol, to see media images of Oxford, you'd think it's just a constant round of drunken Bull fights interspersed with punting. :teehee: I hardly even met a single Bull!

I'm not strongly drawn to being a politician, it's more fun doing other things, at least for now - I think I might become a political consultant though, or maybe work in the NGO sector again.
I'm not strongly drawn to being a politician, it's more fun doing other things, at least for now

Hey, you're taking a page out of Clinton's book already. :yeah:

(Anyone remember those interviews she did saying she didn't want to run for President because it's more fun to be a grandmother? :lol: And then there's her, 'I'm not a natural politician' guff. )

I had better get in your good books, just in case you get some measure of power in future. :holmes:
Original post by Hydeman

(Anyone remember those interviews she did saying she didn't want to run for President because it's more fun to be a grandmother? :lol: And then there's her, 'I'm not a natural politician' guff. )

I had better get in your good books, just in case you get some measure of power in future. :holmes:

Her Presidency has been planned for over a decade now. It seems as though large parts of her political career were just for this moment.

Don't appease fascists. :colonhash:
Original post by Hydeman

I'm already secretly running for President of TSR. Today the politics forum. Tomorrow the whole dang website!
Original post by Years & Months
Her Presidency has been planned for over a decade now. It seems as though large parts of her political career were just for this moment.

The people of New York must be grateful to know that they could serve as stepping stone in chief to the Presidency. :moon:

Don't appease fascists. :colonhash:

What do you mean by this? :3

I'm already secretly running for President of TSR. Today the politics forum. Tomorrow the whole dang website!

We have a monarchy on TSR, you silly PPE-ist. Just remember all the good times we had when you're looking to employ someone to just sit there and do nothing. :puppyeyes:
[video="youtube;lrt6OGAcShE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrt6OGAcShE[/video]

2.38-3.50

my god, i almost forgot how despicable her stance on israel/palestine is. i struggle to distinguish between her and netanyahu.
Original post by Hydeman
What do you mean by this? :3

"I had better get in your good books, just in case you get some measure of power in future."

:colonhash:
"I had better get in your good books, just in case you get some measure of power in future."

:colonhash:

A man's gotta eat. :moon:
Shillary is a Likud Party member confirmed.
[video="youtube;lrt6OGAcShE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrt6OGAcShE[/video]

2.38-3.50

my god, i almost forgot how despicable her stance on israel/palestine is. i struggle to distinguish between her and netanyahu.

I don't know what it is about him exactly, but I find the Secular Talk bloke unbearable. I think part of it might be his voice.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I don't know what it is about him exactly, but I find the Secular Talk bloke unbearable. I think part of it might be his voice.

I like him. I think he finds a good middle ground that accounts for nuance in most of his positions.

The only thing I dislike about him is that he thinks Trump is crazier than he actually is, and he has an annoying tendency to say "dick" a lot.

Well, what do you know. I actually agree with you on something. :holmes:
Original post by G8D
Will Bernie fans switch to Trump when Clinton gets the nom to keep it anti-establishment?

It depends on whether general election Trump is half as crazy as primary season Trump. I haven't read it myself, but he apparently wrote a not-too-bad op-ed just before the New York primary, and should he develop a policy or two, I might be swayed. Not that it matters that much, considering that I'm not a U.S. citizen living in a swing state.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman

:beer:

Nothing like uniting around distaste for some random person or group.

cf. the Trump campaign.
Lol, to see media images of Oxford, you'd think it's just a constant round of drunken Bull fights interspersed with punting.

wait you mean to say its not like that? Damn my friends told me so many stories :frown:.

I thought PPE stood for Punting, Punting and Even more punting ?

:teehee: I hardly even met a single Bull!

Of course, you can neither confirm nor deny what happened during your time at Oxford in case the Daily Mail digs it up, it would seriously hurt your campaign... I mean your consulting work *cough*

At least you didn't have to "get on all fours"...

I'm not strongly drawn to being a politician, it's more fun doing other things, at least for now - I think I might become a political consultant though, or maybe work in the NGO sector again.

Oh that's cool :tongue:. What type of NGO's interest you?

But I think some people do think like this at first, but then they end up in politics. It just sort of "happens" I guess - bit like getting married in Vegas...
(edited 8 years ago)

Original post by Hydeman

What do you have against my lesbian bae Kyle? :colonhash: :hmpf:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman

Learning from the master

Original post by Hydeman

This one's one of my favourite

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/10/28/hillary_clinton_to_colbert_im_not_running_for_anyones_third_term.html

Original post by Hydeman

Quick! start thinking of nicknames! Shillma ...
maybe I can get her to come to my wedding, and make her approve arms deals for me :holmes:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending