The Student Room Group

I want a rabbit but my mum does not allow me

Since my last rabbit passed away from skin cancer which was 2 yers ago my mum promised me a new rabbit to fill me hole I feel bad because I feel like I could have saved my rabbit did more I can't come to terms with his death he was my best friend. I was always rejected by others for having interest in sicence and things kids my age did not care about. I feel empty my rabbit always watched tv with me slept with me did homework with me he listened to me. My mum has nothing in common she is not a good listener my family all lives aboard. I FEEL lonely if I had another rabbit then I would reassure myselfi I was a good parent of a rabbit and then i could come to term with his death but I can't move on I feel like its my fault because I could have done more.

I miss him everyday. My mum keeps promising a rabbit but its been 2 years I always cleaned after my rabbit and kept it company and gave it lots of love. I can't move on I want another chance to reassure myself I was a good parent it is important to me because we spent so long together that I feel like my rabbit was not just a pet we had a conncetion he listened to me he did not reject me like others and put me down and ignore me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ohhhh, you mean that kind of rabbit...
So how can you sort the problems in your life out then?
Reply 3
Just nick hers from her drawer
:rofl2:
Just buy an electric toothbrush.
Reply 6
"Mum, I want a rabbit for Christmas. The one you promised me. Nothing else."

If that doesn't work, tell her you'll be emotionally traumatised and still be posting online about her cruelty in 40 or 50 years and, based on your own childhood experience, be a cold and uncaring parent and you'll put her in a home and never see her again. After all, it's how many of us turn out.
Original post by BoogieWoogie97
your a weirdo although i'll fill your hole if you want i'll make sure its nice & full... :perv: youd love it

Wtf is wrong with you? :lolwut:
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Wtf is wrong with you? :lolwut:

Making fun of a typo. :P
Reply 9

That's typoist! :mad:
Original post by Simes

Typoiphobic*

Quick! Call shammy chakrabati!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simes

Is that illegal too now? :O *goes into hiding*
aw bless
Yes.
The Birthday/Christmas guilt trip is definitely the way to go.
'I don't want anything except....'

But the new rabbit will always be different to the old one. He/she won't kill the pain of losing the old one completely. :frown:

But good luck :goodluck:

(Oh, and post-it notes left round the house and on the fridge saying 'Remember! Buy new rabbit' might help prepare the ground. :smile:)
Original post by Maria1812
Since my last rabbit passed away from skin cancer which was 2 yers ago my mum promised me a new rabbit to fill me hole I feel bad because I feel like I could have saved my rabbit did more I can't come to terms with his death he was my best friend.

If he had skin cancer, you couldn't have. :tongue: Don't fool yourself into believing nonsense.
Reply 15
Original post by dancing sloth
(Oh, and post-it notes left round the house and on the fridge saying 'Remember! Buy new rabbit' might help prepare the ground. :smile:)

Priceless!

There's a fine line between making fun of a typo and telling someone "i'll fill your hole if you want i'll make sure its nice & full... :perv: youd love it"...
Reply 17
I have a similar problem. Ever since my hamster passed away (from old age 2.5 years old)which was like 2 years ago.I want another one but my mum promised me another one but after 2 months after she promised. I still don't have one. So I tried another stratergy asking for a different pet I was reaserching in. So I decided to ask for pet rats. She said I could get them for my birthday (March 10th) if my rooms tidy. But my room has mainly been tidy since march 10th but I don't have them yet. But my mum says I can hopefully get them this weekend.
So maybe try asking for a different pet?
Original post by L116
I have a similar problem. Ever since my hamster passed away (from old age 2.5 years old)which was like 2 years ago.I want another one but my mum promised me another one but after 2 months after she promised. I still don't have one. So I tried another stratergy asking for a different pet I was reaserching in. So I decided to ask for pet rats. She said I could get them for my birthday (March 10th) if my rooms tidy. But my room has mainly been tidy since march 10th but I don't have them yet. But my mum says I can hopefully get them this weekend.
So maybe try asking for a different pet?

Two and a half years is old for a hamster? :/ You'd be bereaved too frequently if you went for hamsters all the time, in that case.
Reply 19
Original post by Hydeman
Two and a half years is old for a hamster? :/ You'd be bereaved too frequently if you went for hamsters all the time, in that case.

Actually that was my first ever pet it lived to 2.5 months old (Hamsters live between 2-3 years)

Quick Reply

Latest