The Student Room Group

Don't vote Conservative ... We've came to far as human beings.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
No, Ed won. Even the Murdoch press called it for Ed. The Yougov poll says 49% say Ed won compared to 34% for Cameron and Ed had a 26% lead over Cameron for the undecideds.

Ed has nothing to do with the Blair-Brown era. He was Energy secretary ffs, hardly sofa government is it?
He was asked irrelevant questions on his brother.

Ed came across far better and considering the media have been banging on about how appearance matters, Ed won hands down.

Exactly why it was easy for him to bash it.

This is the problem. This is not what matters, they should be encouraging people to vote for a party, vote for policies, not an individual/personality/appearance.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
I like to think as a species we have done amazing things. At this current moment in time we are uniting across the internet and sharing huge amounts of knowledge. We are going forward.

But there is 1 thing holding us back and that is individual greed. A select few can hold a whole nation back. I don't want Britain to go back into Victorian feudalism. This is what the Conservatives represent. A corporate dystopia isn't a nation.

We need a nation. We need some form of collectivism.

I don't care if its nationalism, social justice or a greener economy. We need a change because if we keep heading along this Tory road our country will be a nation for the top 10% and sod everyone else.

Most of you here are young and fragile. Your willing to accept ideas which appeal to you but a lot of you don't know the full meaning of them. Only time and results reveal the true meaning.

Most of you will earn average salaries of £25,000 to £35,000 instead of the promised thousands the Career guides tell you. There will be times when you find yourself unemployed or injured in life. No one is immortal.

And when you find yourselves in harms way the Tories will not have mercy for you. They will blame the economic problems on you!

So don't vote Conservative.

what
Original post by Appeal to reason
Exactly why it was easy for him to bash it.

This is the problem. This is not what matters, they should be encouraging people to vote for a party, vote for policies, not an individual/personality/appearance.

So why have the Tory press and Cameron been villifying him for his looks? For the bacon sandwich, for the two kitchens? For his brother?

I thought appearance and personality don't matter?
You can't have it both ways.
So why have the Tory press and Cameron been villifying him for his looks? For the bacon sandwich, for the two kitchens? For his brother?

I thought appearance and personality don't matter?
You can't have it both ways.

Please tell me where I supported that above.
Ah, politics.
Step 1 - Make unprovable claims about your ideas being the one true path to everything wonderful, and the other guy's ideas being a one-way trip to certain damnation,
Step 2 - Once it's clear that very few people believe or care about anything you tried in step 1, trade insults about appearances.

They all do it, y'know.
Original post by Appeal to reason
Please tell me where I supported that above.

You support a party and Prime Minister who supports it.
<snip>

Ed has nothing to do with the Blair-Brown era. He was Energy secretary ffs, hardly sofa government is it?
<snip>

so still part of the that government and stating openly that he will appoint the architect of 'abolishing boom and bust' as his chancellor if hew forms a government ( Balls constituency being full of genetic labour sheep who believe that oen day Arthur is going to come marching over the hill and theiy'll all go back down t'pit )
Original post by zippyRN
so still part of the that government and stating openly that he will appoint the architect of 'abolishing boom and bust' as his chancellor if hew forms a government ( Balls constituency being full of genetic labour sheep who believe that oen day Arthur is going to come marching over the hill and theiy'll all go back down t'pit )

Energy secretary, not treasurer.
Global financial crisis. Yawn.
Energy secretary, not treasurer.
Global financial crisis. Yawn.

Balls will be chancellor if Labour gets to form a government , balls was Brown's chief Minion and then chancellor - a vote for labour is a vote for returning to the same unsustainable policies and outright lies that we saw 1997 - 2010

if they had acted prudently in the period 1997 -2008 rather than crudely attempting to buy votes on a wave of improudent criedt, inflating house prices and everyone can be a property tycoon, the UK would not have been hit so hard and have had far less of the structural issues that the current government have had to fight to set back on the road to recovery over the past 4 and a bit years.

the biggest part of the problem here is that many of TSRs experts were in nappies when Blair began his misrule and the style over stubstance goiverment that Brown continued until his utter and reckeless imprudence came home to roost.
Original post by zippyRN
Balls will be chancellor if Labour gets to form a government , balls was Brown's chief Minion and then chancellor - a vote for labour is a vote for returning to the same unsustainable policies and outright lies that we saw 1997 - 2010

if they had acted prudently in the period 1997 -2008 rather than crudely attempting to buy votes on a wave of improudent criedt, inflating house prices and everyone can be a property tycoon, the UK would not have been hit so hard and have had far less of the structural issues that the current government have had to fight to set back on the road to recovery over the past 4 and a bit years.

the biggest part of the problem here is that many of TSRs experts were in nappies when Blair began his misrule and the style over stubstance goiverment that Brown continued until his utter and reckeless imprudence came home to roost.

Okay so tell me this. Why did the Tories and Cameron support every Labour budget? The tories called for INCREASED spending when they were in opposition and they called for further deregulation of the banks.

Yet now they claim Labour ****ed it up when they would have done exactly the same if not worse.
Reply 70
Original post by sacca
Vote green for an eco feminist britain! The tories are misogynist, Cameron wouldn't even wear a 'I'm a feminist' T-Shirt. Also he called a women darling. **** the tories!

Not to mention they are all white upper class cis hetero males aka they have massive privilege and cannot be trusted to represent PoC or women or other oppressed groups.

Speaking as a green member, people like you do more damage to the greens than good. You just sound hysterical darling.

Edit: nvm, i saw her 10 point manifesto thread ("exclude white men from the economy" hahaha) and realised she's a troll.. doing damage to the greens is exactly her intention.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sacca
Vote green for an eco feminist britain! The tories are misogynist, Cameron wouldn't even wear a 'I'm a feminist' T-Shirt. Also he called a women darling. **** the tories!

Not to mention they are all white upper class cis hetero males aka they have massive privilege and cannot be trusted to represent PoC or women or other oppressed groups.

Calm down dear and go have your medicines.
Reply 72
Original post by cBay
Speaking as a green member, people like you do more damage to the greens than good. You just sound hysterical darling.

Edit: nvm, i saw her 10 point manifesto thread ("exclude white men from the economy" hahaha) and realised she's a troll.. doing damage to the greens is exactly her intention.

As soon as a PoC speaks up they have their voices marginalized, no suprises here.
I like to think as a species we have done amazing things. At this current moment in time we are uniting across the internet and sharing huge amounts of knowledge. We are going forward.

Is the tory party founded on narcissism ? read the following quote and judge for yourself

"They equate love with weakness. They hate being weak and they hate and despise weak people (such as the very old, the sick, the poor, and the very young). They do not tolerate what they consider to be stupidity, disease and dependence - and love seems to be comprised of all three. These are not sour grapes. They really feel this way."

It certainly does sum up the way they feel towards people who are dependent on government

But there is 1 thing holding us back and that is individual greed. A select few can hold a whole nation back. I don't want Britain to go back into Victorian feudalism. This is what the Conservatives represent. A corporate dystopia isn't a nation.

We need a nation. We need some form of collectivism.

I don't care if its nationalism, social justice or a greener economy. We need a change because if we keep heading along this Tory road our country will be a nation for the top 10% and sod everyone else.

Most of you here are young and fragile. Your willing to accept ideas which appeal to you but a lot of you don't know the full meaning of them. Only time and results reveal the true meaning.

Most of you will earn average salaries of £25,000 to £35,000 instead of the promised thousands the Career guides tell you. There will be times when you find yourself unemployed or injured in life. No one is immortal.

And when you find yourselves in harms way the Tories will not have mercy for you. They will blame the economic problems on you!

I find it highly ironic how you say we've come too far as humans when you can't even use the correct 'too'
People mention economic problems, but the country's doing alright at the moment... right?
and who's in power at the moment...? #BackToBasics.
Original post by democracyforum
Is the tory party founded on narcissism ? read the following quote and judge for yourself

"They equate love with weakness. They hate being weak and they hate and despise weak people (such as the very old, the sick, the poor, and the very young). They do not tolerate what they consider to be stupidity, disease and dependence - and love seems to be comprised of all three. These are not sour grapes. They really feel this way."

It certainly does sum up the way they feel towards people who are dependent on government

The Conservative party's aim is to preserve the wealth and power of the privileged few.
Quite why anyone who's not in the top 1% votes for them I just don't know.
Original post by edd1234
The conservatives have been in power for the last 4 (5?) years and the economy's been slowly growing, slowly but surely for the vast majority of that time afaik.

There aren't any potholes in my town; I hear on the news unemployment is at an all-time low; I haven't heard of any crime in my area recently; My parents are both employed; My school doesn't seem particularly strapped for cash; I've been able to see a doctor when I've needed to... the point is why would I want change?

This whole comment may come across as a bit naive but the point I'm making is that the country's not gone to **** in the past 4 years, why would I want to vote for anyone else who proposes different policies?

Why some people act like another 5 years of conservatives is going to ruin everything is beyond me.

When Hitler came to power he created lots of jobs for German workers, the economy was great but behind the scenes he was getting rid of the Jews, Trade Unionists, Disabled people. Eventually Hitler ran out of people to cannibalize and had to attack his neighbors.

You might think everything is fine right now in little England but when the cracks start to show your know about them.

My advise is travel to other regions around the UK and your see poverty. Your sure to see it. Its just not on your door step at the moment.
The Conservative party's aim is to preserve the wealth and power of the privileged few.
Quite why anyone who's not in the top 1% votes for them I just don't know.

Actually their aim is to create wealth, by preserving and enhancing the taxpayers and the rich.

The rich pay the most tax and fund most things in society.

People on minimum wage will pay no tax or so little tax that it contribute almost nothing to society.
Reply 79
Level of debate astonishingly poor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending