The Student Room Group

OCR Classical Civilisation AS: Roman Society and Thought - help needed!

Hi everyone!
I'm doing the OCR Classical civilisation AS exam on Roman Society and Thought but i'm finding it a lot harder than the greek tragedy exam. I was wondering if anybody had any tips? Are the questions mostly on the back of the book footnotes (it seems to me that way so far) ? I'm not really sure how to prepare for this exam. Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
I managed to get away with only studying three out of the four writers due to time constraints. I would recommend writing down the themes for each so City and country, philosophy ect and finding relevant quotes for each. I found this paper a lot easier than the Greek tragedy because a lot of the text can be supported with historical information. I would recommend finding some books on Roman satire and my teacher photocopied some and there were some excellent interpretations and analysis that I used word for word in my exam. It I also handy to use the notes given in class for each writer
How did you guys find it? I did question 2 and then one about emperors and to what extent are they mocked
Reply 3
it was pretty good i thought! glad horace and juvenal didnt come up...i did the question on modern satire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending