The Student Room Group

Article: Learn this magic formula now and smash your exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sam.G
Any advice for nerves and silly mistakes during exams? It let me down last year.

Sure :smile:

Do you know what makes your nervous? Do you get more nervous about particular subjects than others? Is it the fear of failing that worries you the most? Spend some time jotting down why you think you get nervous, note down everything that lets you know you feel nervous - emotionally and physically. Then write down all the things you notice when you feel confident, positive and at ease. Next imagine yourself going into an exam if you felt like the confident you - what would you notice about yourself that was different and how it would it positively impact you and your performance in an exam?

Silly mistakes are generally made when we rush, not reading the question properly because we don't feel like we have time. Giving ourselves more time and jotting down some initial ideas/thoughts on notepaper to structure our response can help us to provide a better and more succinct response. What do you think?

Lots of past paper practice will also help you to not make mistakes :h:

Does that help?
Thanks for the article.

It made me feel comfy during exams
I am going to smash my exams and get an good grade thoughout my education
Haven't seen this till now but I can relate to all of the above! This is great - thanks
I think that this information is invaluable for people like myself. I get good grades in my class work and class assessments, but whenever it comes to mock examinations or exams, I always end up getting bad grades.
can anyt body please share IAL jan 2016 physics papers
unit 4 unit 5 and unit 6...

pleaseeeeee
Original post by TSRMatt
Haven't seen this till now but I can relate to all of the above! This is great - thanks

You're very welcome! Glad you found it helpful :h:
Rehearsing stuff helps? I thought I was crazy because I do it, I like rehearsing my routines, while I am in shower and end up talking to myself. :biggrin:
Useful article. :congrats::excited:
I really needed this.
I am a good student but I just think negative, about my grades. That's the thing that's stopping me :bawling:
Original post by anushenoorfaheem
Rehearsing stuff helps? I thought I was crazy because I do it, I like rehearsing my routines, while I am in shower and end up talking to myself. :biggrin:

I talk to myself all the time :h: Yup, the more natural it feels, the better. Keep doing what you're doing :colone:

Original post by Zafirah.1
Useful article. :congrats::excited:

Aw, I am so glad! What exams are you preparing for at the moment? Hope it's all going to plan.

Original post by Reshyna
I really needed this.
I am a good student but I just think negative, about my grades. That's the thing that's stopping me :bawling:

That's made my day, I really hope it's helped you.

What's stressing you out? The fear of not achieving your predicted grades?
Original post by She-Ra

That's made my day, I really hope it's helped you.

What's stressing you out? The fear of not achieving your predicted grades?

It helped me.
Yeah. That's the thing which stressed me out, but now I'm alright. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for the article btw...
Original post by Reshyna
It helped me.
Yeah. That's the thing which stressed me out, but now I'm alright. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for the article btw...

Glad you're feeling better :heart:

Good luck with your revision :hugs:
Original post by She-Ra
Glad you're feeling better :heart:

Good luck with your revision :hugs: