The Student Room Group

..help. :/

hi guys. Theres this one guy at my uni that I've always really fancied. i think he does too..
so recently we started talking on fb after an event at uni.. and everything was going great. at the end of the convo i said goodnight with a kiss.. and all he said was 'cya'. like seriously? he hasn't messaged since.. what do i do?
i didn't think him not messaging back would effect me this much but i feel like i can't function! its all i think about. just feel so rejected and lost.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
'the only person you can rely on is yourself'
'learn to love yourself before you love others'

Basically I am not saying that you're insecure. What I AM saying, however, is to put yourself first. If he doesn't want you, then why waste your precious time? You're great and your time is too valuable to waste on some loser whose priorities don't have you near the top of the list.

Everything happens for a reason, and if this is meant to be it will, and if not, well you have better things to do with your time :smile:
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by Honey:)
hi guys. Theres this one guy at my uni that I've always really fancied. i think he does too..
so recently we started talking on fb after an event at uni.. and everything was going great. at the end of the convo i said goodnight with a kiss.. and all he said was 'cya'. like seriously? he hasn't messaged since.. what do i do?
i didn't think him not messaging back would effect me this much but i feel like i can't function! its all i think about. just feel so rejected and lost.

honestly don't worry about it. He's probably not the type to send x's, I know I'm not. Try play off cool(but still friendly) if you's talk next, he'll wonder why you're no longer on the edge of your seat, and may try harder :smile: there's definitely more than one guy at uni anyway, it's nice for a guy to be friendly back, but don't worry, don't get fret up - there's a lot more where he came from!!
It's probably nothing.
friendly strangers talking.your perception is stalker atm, your liking relationship didn't exist, your attraction is making yourself overestimate his interest.

Coming from a guy, it means he is not interested in you that way. When a guy sees a kiss from a girl like the way you did, they will straight away notice how the girl really feels and respond with a cya as if on the defensive. This will not end well, he does not like you in the way you like him, just move on.
Reply 7
ah man :/
Reply 8
so pissed off
so pissed off

Don't be
Don't waste your time on him
A few years back this guy 'apparently' liked me and really made a pint of the fact that he wanted to be with me
I played hard to get
When I gave in to the game, he ended up with my friend
It was so hard getting over him but I finally did
He told my friend not to tell me I found out through his cousin who I became friends with
They no longer talk even though Ive told her many times to talk to him
But yh if you really know him and truly like him and he's good for you then I hope it happens
If not save yourself the heart ache
Well I never send kisses even if the girl sends them. I don't like sending em lol.

lol if this is what girls think when I don't reply with 'x' :lol:

OP if that were me, 'cya' just means 'bye' lol. Like it doesn't mean I don't like you it just means 'cya' lmao. Don't listen to the other dudes in this thread. There are way better ways to find out if someone doesn't like you. The best one is asking them.

I've just read the advice of the people in this thread. Seriously it's like they've never seen another human being before. Just chill out and carry on as normal :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Don't be
Don't waste your time on him
A few years back this guy 'apparently' liked me and really made a pint of the fact that he wanted to be with me
I played hard to get
When I gave in to the game, he ended up with my friend
It was so hard getting over him but I finally did
He told my friend not to tell me I found out through his cousin who I became friends with
They no longer talk even though Ive told her many times to talk to him
But yh if you really know him and truly like him and he's good for you then I hope it happens
If not save yourself the heart ache

see, this is why i hate the 'hard to get game'. it really pisses me off. you're not supposed to play 'hard to get' that long looool; guys just lose interest as he did above.
I am no expert, and it isn't my place to comment on personal matters such as this (but then again, this is a public forum); but wouldn't it have helped to, you know, either:

1) play the game for only short amounts of time at a point in time? that is, play; then get caught; then play; e.t.c?

or

2) play the game, but not as long and with active hints that you were interested?

3) just not play it at all..?

^^ either of those methods would've conveyed to the guy that you were interested; as tbh, the whole 'hard to get' thing, can be misconstrued (understood by the other party) falsely; ergo the fact that he went for your friend; thinking that: You. Weren't. Interested.

i ramble on like this, as there are varying aura types amongst females. females out there who just Love to flirt and play with no intention of EVER being/getting caught; e.t.c so he may have just thought you were one of those and lost interest to your friend.
This is like when my flat mate got angry at me for replying to a text with 'k' when it was the most appropriate response lol.

Original post by theDanIdentity
see, this is why i hate the 'hard to get game'. it really pisses me off. you're not supposed to play 'hard to get' that long looool; guys just lose interest as he did above.
I am no expert, and it isn't my place to comment on personal matters such as this (but then again, this is a public forum); but wouldn't it have helped to, you know, either:

1) play the game for only short amounts of time at a point in time? that is, play; then get caught; then play; e.t.c?

or

2) play the game, but not as long and with active hints that you were interested?

3) just not play it at all..?

^^ either of those methods would've conveyed to the guy that you were interested; as tbh, the whole 'hard to get' thing, can be misconstrued (understood by the other party) falsely; ergo the fact that he went for your friend; thinking that: You. Weren't. Interested.

i ramble on like this, as there are varying aura types amongst females. females out there who just Love to flirt and play with no intention of EVER being/getting caught; e.t.c so he may have just thought you were one of those and lost interest to your friend.

exactly. don't play games if you're a sore loser.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending