The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Beckham is pants - no decent team would want him - it's no coincidence that RM have won no trophies for three years for the first time in post war history. Err how long has DB been at the Bernabeu?
Now Ballack, there's a footballer...
charco
Beckham is pants - no decent team would want him - it's no coincidence that RM have won no trophies for three years for the first time in post war history. Err how long has DB been at the Bernabeu?
Now Ballack, there's a footballer...

I would respect your views a lot more if you didn't make such rediculous statements. How can you possibly say that Real Madrid are "no decent" just because they have not won a trophy for a while. It is incredibly bold and ultimately stupid to make such a claim.
How can you possibly say that Real Madrid are "no decent" just because they have not won a trophy for a while

Because I have watched Real Madrid week in week out for the past 13 years - they are "no decent team" at the present moment and this is partly due to a dead leg called DB on the right hand wing. Although it has to be said he is more effective there than when they tried to play him in the centre. Even the ultra pro RM newspaper Marca labelled DB as Forrest Gump for his headless, aimless thrashing around the centre of the park last season.
As for England - he has had one good game in the past three years .... against the mighty Welsh! ooooh impressive.
And I would respect YOUR views a lot more if you learned to spell "ridiculous"
Reply 23
Certainly know he won't be going back to united whilst Sir Alex is still there
Reply 24
Why isnt Villa on the list >?

If we are to believe what Sven told the fake shake......

Sven to takeover and install Becks as his captain :yy:
You'd have Sven over O'Leary? :eek:
Reply 26
Def, DOL is full of excuses and imo isnt the right man for the job.
Out the two i'd prefer sven but ideally i'd like Curbishly
You're mad. :biggrin:
I think the next manager will be someone dissapointing like Curbishley or McClaren. I hope the next manager is out of Scolari, Hiddink, Allardyce, O'Neill and Capello.
Reply 29
i 4got about stevie

other = McClaren lol
Reply 30
and i forgot o'neil:stupido2: :stupido:
Reply 31
should be O'Neil, but it won't.
I'd prefer the manager to be British or English, rather than foreign manager. I don't know who'd work best/prove most popular with the players, arguably Allardyce over Curbishley and McClaren on that basis (particularly as McClaren is hardly a new figure in the England set up, so lack of freshness/lack of sea change), preferably i'd go for Martin O'Neil.

What i think is incredibly crucial is to provide the new manager with a rolling contract...ok give the new manager some job security but not too sodding much. What the FA did with Sven Goran Eriksson was absolutely ridiculous...they only have themselves to blame for the compensation that will be dished out to Sven, does anyone know what will happen regarding SGE's compensation once he resigns post world cup? - i hope Sven will prove honourable in not accepting/pushing for compensation, akin to last weeks comments made by Stuart Pearce (re: payouts if Pearce left managerial hotseat at Man City to move elsewhere)....although i cannot see that happening as he will use the payouts as excuse for the hostilities he has received due to his blunders, the Sheikh, football secretary Faria Alam 'et al'...money as compensation for what he perceives to have been harsh treatment by the media, which in fairness is all part of the job...well arguably :biggrin:

Also, what if we win the world-cup? They will be regretting getting rid of him? but arguably, the team will be pushing to perform to their maximum purely because those world cup games will be the last games he will proceed over....and not purely on the basis that SGE is a managerial mastermind (which i certainly dont believe he is).

To answer - If not O'Neil, then Allardyce...i don't know what the latest is regarding O'Neils family problems (his wifes illness), and of course, Manchester United is to an extent involved in decision-making, O'Neil as successor to Ferguson at Man United - so what does O'Neil want more - England job NOW (well 5 months time) or the Man United job in 12-18 months time?
I don't care if he's British, French or Martian. If he helps us win the World Cup i'll have him (or her....dun dun duuuuuuh). McClaren, Curbishley, Pearce, Robson, none of them would be as good as a Hiddink, Scolari or Capello, so I can't see how we could justify emplying them purely on the basis that they are from this country
Reply 34
I take the argument that since we can't play a Brazilian striker we shouldn't have a Brazilian manager, but to be honest no-one else follows that policy so why disadvantage ourselves?

Capello would be perfect, as would Scolari or Hiddink. None of the other British candidates put together come even close.
Liam The Eagle
I don't care if he's British, French or Martian. If he helps us win the World Cup i'll have him (or her....dun dun duuuuuuh). McClaren, Curbishley, Pearce, Robson, none of them would be as good as a Hiddink, Scolari or Capello, so I can't see how we could justify emplying them purely on the basis that they are from this country

Great communication prospects if he is Martian. Yeah well played. :biggrin:
SGE is Martian :wink:
SGE is a Swedish sex troll
Reply 37
Hold on a sec, I'll just go get my crystal ball.
Liam The Eagle
SGE is a Swedish sex troll

It's funny. Everyone thinks SGE is this 'ice-man' - that he has a cool, relaxed temperament, but i disagree - he always seems on-edge, akin to a squirrel :biggrin:
Is he called 'ice-man' purely because of his Swedish heritage? Rather presumptive :biggrin:
Reply 39
Since when has Guus Hiddink coached Bayern Munich?

Latest