The Student Room Group

Everton hit with a 10 point deduction

Lovely to see, as this hopefully starts to set a precedent for Man City and Chelsea.

Can’t see Everton getting relegated as the other teams at the bottom are just so bad this season.
I don’t really watch football but I hope that Man City don’t win (they’ve won too many times).
Original post by Mess.
Lovely to see, as this hopefully starts to set a precedent for Man City and Chelsea.

Can’t see Everton getting relegated as the other teams at the bottom are just so bad this season.

City surely can't keep getting away with it so I hope you're right. As a Liverpool fan, if they can retrospectively apply some points deductions to previous seasons that would be great!

10 points is a pretty big deal for Everton. Lucky their form is improving. This might spur them on and you're right the other teams down there look much worse Everton. I want them to stay up for the derby matches 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
City surely can't keep getting away with it so I hope you're right. As a Liverpool fan, if they can retrospectively apply some points deductions to previous seasons that would be great!

10 points is a pretty big deal for Everton. Lucky their form is improving. This might spur them on and you're right the other teams down there look much worse Everton. I want them to stay up for the derby matches 🙂

I think it would cause too much chaos trying to go back and awarding titles etc from the past. Players would be due millions under contract, prize money would have to clawed back and redistributed. Essentially impossible.

I’d me much happier if they were deducted circa 100 points in total and it was evenly distributed across the next 10 seasons.
Original post by Mess.
Original post by PurpleAndGreen

I think it would cause too much chaos trying to go back and awarding titles etc from the past. Players would be due millions under contract, prize money would have to clawed back and redistributed. Essentially impossible.

I’d me much happier if they were deducted circa 100 points in total and it was evenly distributed across the next 10 seasons.

Yep, you're absolutely right, it would be chaos and they won't do it. Its wishful thinking because they beat Liverpool to the title by a few points.

Hopefully whatever the outcome it helps make the league more competitive. I'm still not sure ffp does that since it keeps teams in their place based on income but if it stops more bankruptcy that's a good thing.
Reply 5
Original post by Mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBj_qAJtRA

Chelsea take all the trophies Roman bought and chuck all of them in the biggest dustbin you can find...

Soon...
Reply 6
Original post by Mess.

No chance.. Man City will bury it with lawyers and accountants or win on a technicality.

Not sure what they do about Chelsea when a lot of the stuff was from a decade ago and under a different owner. Seems mad to punish them now with points deduction?
Original post by Mess.

(...)

Dream on! if Man City was not sanctioned in the past, they won't be in the future. And even if the team gets sanctioned, the lawyers already wait in the wings to handle it.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
Rumours that Everton will part win their appeal and the 10 point deduction will be reduced to 6 points.
Reply 9
Original post by Zerforax
Rumours that Everton will part win their appeal and the 10 point deduction will be reduced to 6 points.

And then get an automatic 9 point deduction for going into administration :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest