The Student Room Group

How to understand football as a girl - help

Hello I am a girl and I would love to understand football, have some knowledge of it, like what is the best club, what is important in football and so on.. for me it’s enormously big spectrum and I dont know where to start, so guys please do you have some tips?
Do you know the rules in football? google them! do you know the best players at the moment in both past and present, if you don't, google them! and don't stop to support football!
Original post by alpha1310
Hello I am a girl and I would love to understand football, have some knowledge of it, like what is the best club, what is important in football and so on.. for me it’s enormously big spectrum and I dont know where to start, so guys please do you have some tips?

Best club is Manchester United.

The best club is Liverpool. Other important clubs are Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, Dortmund, PSG, Lyon, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City etc.

Some rules of the game:

Once you pick a club, you must maintain ultimate loyalty.

You must be more loyal to your club than your bf or husband.

Know the history of your club and their rivalries e.g. Arsenal vs Tottenham.

Defend your club’s honour at all times. Never accept anyone talking down your club.

If one of your favourite players leave your club in a negative manner or to a rival team, they are dead to you.

During a game, you must watch attentively. No tiktok, insta, snap or chatting with your mates.

You want your club to win, if they don't, you hope for a draw.

If your club loses a big game like Champions League final or a tight derby game, you don't speak to anyone for a few hours while you reflect on the loss. Then you look forward to the next game.

If your club continuously perform poorly, the manager has to go e.g. “Wenger Out”

Your bf must not support a rival club that could affect the peace in your home.

You must try to watch some live games in the stadium.

If you are pregnant and in labour, but your bf wants to watch your club in a final or derby game, you must allow him to watch it and come to give you the highlights in the hospital afterwards.

Understand the offside rule.

Football season is important. You should prioritise football games over nights outs with your girlies. Or you invite them to watch the game with you.

Finally, no matter what anyone tells you, VAR and Tottenham are shite.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80

say it louder 🗣️🗣️
Original post by fatimak0046
say it louder 🗣️🗣️

Best club is Manchester United

In Ferguson's prime as manager, sure. In presence it is an average team, apart from the success in the past.
Reply 7

Best at...?

Also you spelt Manchester City incorrectly.
Original post by Zerforax
Best at...?

Also you spelt Manchester City incorrectly.

Yeah you lost your Chief Football Officer to your rivals spells an end of an era
Reply 9
Yeah you lost your Chief Football Officer to your rivals spells an end of an era

I don't support Man City.

Although I'm sure they are terrified about losing that person to Man Utd :rolleyes:
As if Man City won't just pluck another amazing talent from elsewhere or from the City Football Group.

City: Completely fake club who were bought by Arabs 15 or so years ago. Boring
Arsenal: Been around forever, lots of old school class and dignity about. Most FA Cups etc but no title in 20 years, fans can be a bit keen on meltdowns and going viral
Chelsea: Hooligan club with no history whatsoever but been extremely successful in last 20 years on back of financial doping from a Russian criminal.
Spurs: A disaster with delusions of graduer. One title in last 70 years. 1 FA cup in 35 years. Nice stadium. Very "Jewish" which if you've spent time around North London Jews, you'll understand exactly. You cant quite put your finger on it but you know it when you see it. Decaying independent Accountants in Mill Hill vibes. C.60 years old, receeding hair, wears a vest, speaks with a lisp, drives an Audi, often seen in charity shops but now and again takes a £5000 Safari holiday. You know it when you see it...
Liverpool: Think they're the main character always, cant understand why others dont consider them the main character always. Big history and been relatively successful in alst 7 years but now a new era with manager leaving. Bit leftie.
Utd: Boring. Mega club and THE club of the 90s, 00s under Ferguson. Now just dusfunctional. Will come back some day surely but not yet, not yet.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest