The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Geography A- 19th May- Questions and Help

If anyone is doing the above exam, do you have any tips on the exam and any ideas on what questions will come up on the paper.

Thanks
I don't think it will be too hard considering you have to apply common sense and less facts compared to the second paper,on the 16 marker just remember to write about economic, social and environmental factors and why you have chosen that point over the other 2, the rest won't be too hard :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Libaan
I don't think it will be too hard considering you have to apply common sense and less facts compared to the second paper,on the 16 marker just remember to write about economic, social and environmental factors and why you have chosen that point over the other 2, the rest won't be too hard :biggrin:

Are you sure you are talking about OCR Geography A - Contemporary Themes in Geography paper and not Specification B, which is a different exam???
Original post by hiranis
Are you sure you are talking about OCR Geography A - Contemporary Themes in Geography paper and not Specification B, which is a different exam???

Yeah sorry, i'm doing the B specification.
I am on specification a, and I was wondering what do you think will be on the geographical skills paper, as I noticed deserts were not put in the themes paper ?
Reply 5
Original post by peacharrows
I am on specification a, and I was wondering what do you think will be on the geographical skills paper, as I noticed deserts were not put in the themes paper ?

Well, if you nailed the controlled assessment, a lot of the skills which you needed to carry out your chosen investigation are skills which you need for this exam. Since it is the second year of this paper, I don't think it will be made too challenging as there was only one past paper which students were able to practice from. In this paper, it is not really topics which will come up but instead a wide range of skills will be assessed. If you have access to the 2014 paper, use this as a guide as to what types of questions come up and how you are meant to approach them, also take a look at the mark scheme and see what marks are awarded for. Remember things like the accuracy of your graph reading and map reading as OCR are very tough on the amount you can be out by (small range).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending