The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology Unit 2 - 1 June 2015

Less than two weeks for this exam, and I couldn't find a thread for it!!

I'm doing past papers and so far I have gotten A, B, B, D in the 2010 and 2011 paper :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

finally. I hoping for 140 UMS:colondollar::colondollar:
I have not started revising for this but gonna sweat so hard over these 2 weeks!!!
Reply 3
can someone explain the topic of tissue fluid?
Original post by hannahw98
can someone explain the topic of tissue fluid?

At the arteriole end, there is a high hydrostatic pressure, forcing plasma out of the capillaries. The RBCs, WBCs and platelets remain in the capillary because they are too large. This results in a more negative water potential in the capillary.
At the venule end, the water potential is lower in the venule that the tissue fluid, so plasma moves into the venule.

Hope this helps :smile:
Before you say anything, no I'm not sponsored by this guy or anything, but if you search Mr Pollock biology on youtube, there's a good playlist for unit 2, with most of the topics covered
Reply 6
Original post by CMooreFalcons
At the arteriole end, there is a high hydrostatic pressure, forcing plasma out of the capillaries. The RBCs, WBCs and platelets remain in the capillary because they are too large. This results in a more negative water potential in the capillary.
At the venule end, the water potential is lower in the venule that the tissue fluid, so plasma moves into the venule.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you!
does anyone know what topics are likey to come up
can someone haemoglobin and the oxygen dissocian curves and variations?????
Reply 9
Does anyone know of/have any exam style questions that aren't past papers? Or maybe some international papers? I'm struggling with the application but can only really find the past papers from aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by edward090
can someone haemoglobin and the oxygen dissocian curves and variations?????

I dont get haemoglobin and oxygen dissociation curves either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone give a detailed description/explanation of crossing over and independent assortment
Reply 12
Original post by edward090
can someone give a detailed description/explanation of crossing over and independent assortment

dont need to know it in detail for aqa, all you need to know is that for crossing over, chromatids of different chromosomes will wrap around eachother, snap off and exchange alleles. Independent assortment is literally just that they line up in random orders each time the cell goes through metaphase, however it only really affects the genetic diversity during meiosis really.
Original post by wrfrew
Does anyone know of/have any exam style questions that aren't past papers? Or maybe some international papers? I'm struggling with the application but can only really find the past papers from aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go onto physicsandmathstutor.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Bloom77
Go onto physicsandmathstutor.com

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :smile:
Original post by flylikeafly
does anyone know what topics are likey to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
After that unit 1 exam,it's really hard robust.I can now expect more data questions to come up.
So I think I got a Low B in unit 1
And an A in my empa
Do you think it's possible to still get an overall A if I try to get an A in unit 2?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
So I think I got a Low B in unit 1
And an A in my empa
Do you think it's possible to still get an overall A if I try to get an A in unit 2?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 2 is 46.7 percent.If you Do well in unit 2 you can easily get an A.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 2 is 46.7 percent.If you Do well in unit 2 you can easily get an A.

Thank you :smile:
I'm gonna work my socks off

So

1) do all the past papers from January 2009
2) do specimen paper
3) do all the unit 2 questions for every topic from physicsandmathstutor

Anything else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you :smile:
I'm gonna work my socks off

So

1) do all the past papers from January 2009
2) do specimen paper
3) do all the unit 2 questions for every topic from physicsandmathstutor

Anything else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do ypu have the cgp evision guide Book ?As in the big thick one ?It has plenty of good exam style questions and application questions.The nelson thornes book also is good.
Watching youtube videos also helps.On the day of the unit 1 exam,by a chance of luck,that morning I was watching youtube video of a baby with whooping cough.

Quick Reply

Latest