The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology Unit 2 - 1 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cc262626
hahaha i wrote chemotherapy too!! im such an idiot

Same! I said it was unethical.. Had no idea!
Original post by annabelflynn
Would you get the mark for saying its in a plasmid?

Nah, sadly I don't think that's correct.

It's circular DNA (rather than linear) and it's not associated with/wrapped around proteins (histones).

That's specification material, by the way.
For the phloem question I wrote that the vacuole helps transport of sugars as it pushes the chloroplast closer to the cell wall meaning more room for the sugars to be transported In the cytoplasm. Doesn't seem right looking back on it now - anyone put something similar?
Original post by Jennn1
Plz dw the grade boundaries r always low. For the lizards one it was fewer species of plants causes fewer species of insects because less food sources and habitats so lower diversity of lizards because thrs less insects and plants available to be eaten

thank you! I definitely think I will of got a D maybe even an E it went so bad and then I got really bad anxiety because I couldn't answered the question and therefore I will of done so bad
and no not that one I answered that one:smile:
the one where you had to read off a graph and state the variation between males and females ?
I got A G E :/
Original post by biosixthform97
For the phloem question I wrote that the vacuole helps transport of sugars as it pushes the chloroplast closer to the cell wall meaning more room for the sugars to be transported In the cytoplasm. Doesn't seem right looking back on it now - anyone put something similar?

I said there was a large vacuole (and little cytoplasm) meaning there was a large room/space for transport. I think I'll get 1/2 for that question, personally.
grade boundary suggestion?

I'm thinking 59 for A and 70 for full ums?
Original post by enaayrah
I probably lost about 15 marks but that's that and AQA are dickheads.

I have chemistry tomorrow :colonhash:

It was a tough paper,you still would have gotten an A 😃.
Did the question on the sieve cells / companion cells say that you couldn't talk about the structures that were named by letters (the plasmodesmata)?
For the DNA question, I wrote prokaryote is not associated with histones, and it's supercoiled; is the latter worthy of a mark?
Original post by Oiseaux
I got A G E :/

Most people seem to have AHE so that's pretty good! I got AHD
heart question.pngGuys, which one is

a) Vena Cava
b) Hepatic Portal Vein
c) Renal artery?
Unofficial mark scheme anyone? Not sure how sh*t I did
Original post by Whizbox
Question 10, the 8 marker on meiosis really threw me but other than that it was a good paper I thought
Why are you trying to screw everyone up, there was NO 8 marker on meiosis you turd XD
Original post by AlexeiLipov
Did the question on the sieve cells / companion cells say that you couldn't talk about the structures that were named by letters (the plasmodesmata)?

yes
Original post by AlexeiLipov

Yeah, made the question so much harder.
Original post by thomaarrss

January 2014 (easier paper) they wanted 56, doubt it will be higher. 70 for full UMS does seem about right..
Omg guys I'm having a panick attack I think I missed the last q was the last page the one with the 3 2 mark qs asking about the 2 graphs and there was a 5 mark q before that ??

Likely higher than that - perhaps 60+ or so.

It seemed like a pretty easy paper.

Same.Im thinking late 50s for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending