The Student Room Group

AQA A2 HISTORY 1941-1991 Russia

Anyone doing the rise and fall of russia 1941-1991,
Thought id start a threat for sharing notes, how to revise etc

I dont know where to start on Khruschev or what i need to know
Hi there! I'm also studying for this exam!! :smile:
Khrushchev.. Well.. I'd start by splitting him up into these key questions:
- Why did Khrushchev win the power struggle? (Not too important for the exam really)
- Why did he make the secret speech and what was the reaction to it?
- What economic reforms did he make?
- Industrial
- Agricultural (more than just the Virgin Lands Scheme)
- What impact did these reforms have?
- What political changes did he make?
- What was the anti-party conspiracy and why did it happen?
- Why was he ousted? (link back to his strengths and weaknesses of becoming leader)
- How far did he make changes to the party?
- What impact did De-Stalinisation have on the USSR (including satellite states and nationalities)
- How did he deal with/ treat the satellite states (Hungary Uprising etc.)

This is how I've started my revision for Khrushchev and have done the same for the other leaders, hope this helps!
Here to help if you need it :smile:
Reply 2
Drowning in all the info for this exam, I'm hoping it'll be on Stalin, preferably Pre-1945. I've got a lot more revision to do but I really can't think of any easy ones. Maybe focusing on Andropov and Gorbachev and hoping that comes up to.
Original post by ekmad
Drowning in all the info for this exam, I'm hoping it'll be on Stalin, preferably Pre-1945. I've got a lot more revision to do but I really can't think of any easy ones. Maybe focusing on Andropov and Gorbachev and hoping that comes up to.

Haha preparation for and the outcome of the Great Patriotic War would be great but it was last June's paper.. Break up of the USSR might be an easy-ish question as it's so broad..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending