The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History NEA

How do moderators check for plagiarism or AI in the a level aqa history NEA? is it checked by the teachers or AQA? and is there a certain % of plagiarism or AI needed to be reported? Even if I copied a few words or used a few words from AI would this be considered malpractice?
not a few words, but don't go there. Not worth the risk. They have software which will flag up potentially fraudulent submissions. Simple programme compares one of your hand written assignments with anything handed in as your NEA. If that latter was written by AI it will be easily spotted - difference in grammar, tone, spelling, sentence structure........all major giveaways.

nothing wrong with using it to give you ideas but the thing to do is to read any AI supplied answer then rewrite it without reading it, in your own words. Remember the ideas, not the words.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by history tutor
not a few words, but don't go there. Not worth the risk. They have software which will flag up potentially fraudulent submissions. Simple programme compares one of your hand written assignments with anything handed in as your NEA. If that latter was written by AI it will be easily spotted - difference in grammar, tone, spelling, sentence structure........all major giveaways.

nothing wrong with using it to give you ideas but the thing to do is to read any AI supplied answer then rewrite it without reading it, in your own words. Remember the ideas, not the words.

thank you for your reply!! also, is everyone’s NEA submitted moderated by aqa? i’ve heard that only a handful gets sent but i’m not sure
only random sample are moderated by AQA unless they think the teacher is way off on all the ones look at. At that point they could review every one. However your teacher will smell a rat if you are simply transferring text from chat gpt into an essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending