The Student Room Group

CIE History A Level - books

Hello can anyone help me out with what books I need for CIE History 9489.

The units that I'm doing are:

1921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–19411921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–1941
American option: The history of the USA, 1820–1941 (paper 1&2)
Topic 1: The origins of the First World War (paper 3)
American option, Depth study 2: The USA, 1944–92 (paper 4)

I have only found books for AS, is this due to this being a new syllabus or are books out there and I looking for the wrong thing?

Original post by examstress2022

1921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–19411921American option: The history of the USA, 1820–1941

I have only found books for AS, is this due to this being a new syllabus or are books out there and I looking for the wrong thing?

The exam board only publishes textbooks for AS. However, on the subject page of the 9389 syllabus there are some suggested resources for A2 (The topics might have changed a bit though, but I think they will give a list of suggested resources for the new syllabus, maybe a few months later). Are you studying the subject on your own?
Original post by examstress2022

Hi I’m back after three months! I found the scheme of work which includes a list of recommended books! I can send them to you if you want!
Hi, I studied CAIE History 9389 American option for Paper 1, French Revolution for Paper 2, currently studying Cold War for Paper 3, and American option for Paper 4. Ive seen the syllabus for the 9489 and its barely different at all from 9389. It might have a question paper that differs from 9389, however. Since the syllabus is the same, open up the resources tab in the cambridge website for 9389 History and search all the recommended books. You can easily find most books for free on z-lib.org. I will be able to help you for Paper 4 but I'm still compiling information for it. Reach me in a month or two and I'll share a google docs that will have most of the info you need to do Paper 4.
Original post by JiayiYing
The exam board only publishes textbooks for AS. However, on the subject page of the 9389 syllabus there are some suggested resources for A2 (The topics might have changed a bit though, but I think they will give a list of suggested resources for the new syllabus, maybe a few months later). Are you studying the subject on your own?

Paper 4 American option 1960-70s and 1980s. Most of the information you need, may have to do abit researching here or there

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BYkdfn0HkdsKTcdnGtMqTbs3ZzhB_quVhTPH5Cic8E0/edit?usp=sharing
Reply 5
Can you send them to me, please? 😅
Original post by Oyu0517
Can you send them to me, please? 😅

find them yourself its easy. find the books from the Cambridge website and search them up on z-lib.org
Hi, it would be really helpful if you could please send me it too as I am also looking for the A2 textbook but couldn't find any...
Hi I’m back after three months! I found the scheme of work which includes a list of recommended books! I can send them to you if you want!

Hi, it would be really helpful if you could please send me it too as I am also looking for the A2 textbook but couldn't find any
Can you please send them to me too? I’ve started A2 and facing the same problems. Cant find those books and resources anywhere
Hi there..i have started My A2 level history amd am confused...if you can plz send me the work scheeme for it...it'll be a great help
Reply 11

HI! i am looking for the A levels books that support paper 3 and 4 for all 3 available options. do you mind sending me the information link as well? would really be helpful thanks!
Reply 12
Original post by Musku9489
HI! i am looking for the A levels books that support paper 3 and 4 for all 3 available options. do you mind sending me the information link as well? would really be helpful thanks!

The recommended texts for A2 History (9489) should be available in the Schemes of Work available on this site: https://papers.gceguide.com/A%20Levels/History%20(9489)/Other%20Resources/
Reply 13
Original post by kgdsc
The recommended texts for A2 History (9489) should be available in the Schemes of Work available on this site: https://papers.gceguide.com/A%20Levels/History%20(9489)/Other%20Resources/

Thank you very much, it's bizarre that Cambridge have locked most of this behind the support hub login leaving little public resources for papers 3 & 4 of A Level History. If you have any further useful material for these courses or advice on which of the books in the schemes of work. you found to be most helpful that would be quite appreciated. Thanks again!
Reply 14
Original post by Histrion
Thank you very much, it's bizarre that Cambridge have locked most of this behind the support hub login leaving little public resources for papers 3 & 4 of A Level History. If you have any further useful material for these courses or advice on which of the books in the schemes of work. you found to be most helpful that would be quite appreciated. Thanks again!

If you're doing the European option, I can give you some pointers as to what books I've personally found helpful.
Reply 15

could you possibly send them to me? i’m having the same issue
Reply 16
Original post by kgdsc
If you're doing the European option, I can give you some pointers as to what books I've personally found helpful.

hey, i’m doing the European option, would you mind sharing the information?
Reply 17
Original post by kgdsc

meanwhile, the GCE guide page hasn’t been working for about 2 weeks now, won’t load for anyone
Reply 18
Original post by Histrion

hey, do you by chance still have the resources you got from the website? their website has been down for 2 weeks now and i was hoping i could get resources on any paper 3 topic and maybe European option for paper 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending