The Student Room Group

Electronics AS OCR Unit 2 21st May 2015

There isn't even a forum for electronics, but I'm interested to know how others found this exam. It was quite a difficult paper, and everyone I spoke to is in agreement. If anyone has the paper, I'll be able to regurgitate most of my answers quite easily.

Hopefully there are other people who did it!
Reply 1
Original post by Duskstar
There isn't even a forum for electronics, but I'm interested to know how others found this exam. It was quite a difficult paper, and everyone I spoke to is in agreement. If anyone has the paper, I'll be able to regurgitate most of my answers quite easily.

Hopefully there are other people who did it!

I haven't done it as i'm a second year but some people in my class retook it and said it was a very average paper. Listening to their discussions I feel it was too.
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
I haven't done it as i'm a second year but some people in my class retook it and said it was a very average paper. Listening to their discussions I feel it was too.

I personally didn't struggle with it, just one or two of the questions were iffy, and the flow diagram they got us to do was really ambiguous as we would have had to do masking to do it in full and we're not even allowed to do that in AS lol.

Unfortunately a lot of people I know (taking it for the first time) said they found it really hard, and some didn't finish the paper :/
Reply 3
I found it quite difficult tbh. 1st paper went really well + coursework was pretty solid so hopefully high B if not A. What will the grade boundaries likely be for today's paper?
Anyone know about the AQA paper today?
Reply 5
Original post by Manica
I found it quite difficult tbh. 1st paper went really well + coursework was pretty solid so hopefully high B if not A. What will the grade boundaries likely be for today's paper?

Based off what most people seem to think, the boundaries are probably quite low for this paper. Almost definitely lower than last year's, though I can't remember what they were :P

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest