The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 Exam (9th June) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Palette
Are you in the A* Club (people aiming for as many A*s as possible)? Since 90% of TSR belongs to the A* Club.

Well i didn't know there was a club for it but yh, i go to a grammar school and i'd be happy with around 6/7 A*s :biggrin:
Are you?
Original post by ScrewTheExams
Yup, same to ours.

We had atomic structure, then one word answer questions as well as we were given an atomic structure and we had to tick the box of which atom it is. Also, there were some single word answer questions for limestone. The 6 marker was about earth and its atmosphere.

I assume that's roughly the same?

Yeh, it also had a question on question 1 about recycling aluminum I think. And yes the Limestone one I remember! It was nearer to the end for us as your firsts are usually our lasts. 6 marker was lovely, thought I got a good solid 4 marks for that
Original post by Verish
Well i didn't know there was a club for it but yh, i go to a grammar school and i'd be happy with around 6/7 A*s :biggrin:
Are you?

It's an informal term made up by myself. People like us who aim for A*s are ridiculed by the C/D/E/F/G/U grade students for being obsessed with them. Search 'The Student Room' on Urban Dictionary.

I'd be happy with at least 8 A*s. Maybe it's because 8's my favourite number- because it's the prettiest, in my opinion.
Reply 783
Original post by Mkbear
I put the top one as an anomaly. Guess this is why the newton's question has such a wide range of answer. Think I put 45N

Yeah I guess so! I put the top one as an anomaly too but my figure was 56N 😂👎🏼 really depends how we drew the line of best fit tbh
Original post by Positivedani
There was an anomaly which you had to exclude I think

I got 36 and I didn't make my line go through the anomaly so I think its right, what did everyone else put?
[QUOTE=arcticuno;56815501]I got 36 and I didn't make my line go through the anomaly so I think its right, what did everyone else put?

56, I had my line of best fit like / then \ and I went to 0g of aggrregate but I used the anomaly as the point at the top idk
56, I had my line of best fit like / then \ and I went to 0g of aggrregate but I used the anomaly as the point at the top idk

The highest one wasn't the anomaly, the anomaly was the value for 300g not 400g
Original post by Pix2015
I took your advice and I'm soo glad I did I found the exam fine think I passed that one. :smile:

I'm really happy that worked for you :smile: did for me too :smile: now onto physics
Original post by saahil0987
The highest one wasn't the anomaly, the anomaly was the value for 300g not 400g

How do you know?
Does anyone know which point was defo the anomaly?
Probably way out but I think it'll be about the early atmosphere and how life was formed or something similar

this is so weird you literally predicted it
Do you think I will get a mark for these two?(please answer)
1. The reason why there are many theories is because no one wqs around in the ewrly earth to see how the world began so have conflicting ideas.
2. Vegetable oils for fuel and food contain energy.
Reply 792
Original post by Palette
It's an informal term made up by myself. People like us who aim for A*s are ridiculed by the C/D/E/F/G/U grade students for being obsessed with them. Search 'The Student Room' on Urban Dictionary.

I'd be happy with at least 8 A*s. Maybe it's because 8's my favourite number- because it's the prettiest, in my opinion.

Hahahahahaha, i just searched it up lol

Yh i don't know if i can get 8, i'll only get an A in English, French and maybe Biology i think but really don't know. I'll be happy with 5+, i didn't think that meant i was obsessed with them?
Do you think I will get a mark for these two?(please answer)
1. The reason why there are many theories is because no one wqs around in the ewrly earth to see how the world began so have conflicting ideas.
2. Vegetable oils for fuel and food contain energy.

I don't think that the first one's right cause take for example the big bang no one was around but there's still sufficient evidence via cosmic background radiation, so what I said was there's many theories as there's insufficient data to definitvely prove any one theory

I'm not sure about the second one because although you've said energy I think they'd be look for you to say that it has large amounts of energy hence it's useful
I don't think that the first one's right cause take for example the big bang no one was around but there's still sufficient evidence via cosmic background radiation, so what I said was there's many theories as there's insufficient data to definitvely prove any one theory

I'm not sure about the second one because although you've said energy I think they'd be look for you to say that it has large amounts of energy hence it's useful

Damn I scribbled out the 'lots of'!
Posted from TSR Mobile
At the end of the day we'll be the ones who are better off in life, don't see how calling us nerds is actually an insult. Ha
Does anyone know which point was defo the anomaly?

300g
Reply 797
300g

what was your reasoning?
official physics thread for unit 1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56814207&highlight=gcse physics unit 12th june aqa
Damn I scribbled out the 'lots of'!

Oh well, they were only 1 markers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending