The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Spanish Exam 10th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RosieB9
Nope it doesn't!- a bibliography isn't necessary either!

Okay, thanks for your help!
Original post by RosieB9
I've just looked at all the past papers:

June 2010 - Stylistic techniques

June 2011 - Principal theme

June 2012 - Describe protagonist

June 2013 - Social/cultural context

June 2014 - Stylistic techniques

Therefore... I'm predicting its either going to be to describe a scene in the play and how it reflects the main theme - as my teacher predicted this and it hasn't come up.
Or it could be themes as it looks like it might be going in a cycle?

But june 2014 was stylistic techniques and how it links to the themes, so u think themes will come up again?
Btw the book was written before the spanish civil war right? so how does the book link with the war?
Original post by RosieB9
I've just looked at all the past papers:

June 2010 - Stylistic techniques

June 2011 - Principal theme

June 2012 - Describe protagonist

June 2013 - Social/cultural context

June 2014 - Stylistic techniques

Therefore... I'm predicting its either going to be to describe a scene in the play and how it reflects the main theme - as my teacher predicted this and it hasn't come up.
Or it could be themes as it looks like it might be going in a cycle?

Last yr was how the stylistic techniques help us understand the themes. You think themes will come up again? However, it does look like its following a cycle
Original post by RosieB9
But it was social context only a few years ago?

I'm doing como aqua para chocolate and mar adentro!

For como agua para chocolate for social/historial context you could do:

1. Forbidden love- family traditions of that era.
2. Mexican revolution - Esquivel finds the romance within the revolution e.g. with Gertrudis running off with the revolutionist.
3. The role of men and women within the house. e.g. Mama Elena says "Los hombres no son importantes para vivir." And Mama Elena runs the house by herself, without the help of a man.

you're doing two!? wow we only have to study one!

yeah i probably shouldnt trust my teachers on that prediction as they've been awful all year haha.

thank you!! going to practice writing an essay using those points now.

it looks like a lot of people are predicting the 'specific scene' question here, which i've never even talked about in my classes..
Reply 44
Original post by karishmachabria
But june 2014 was stylistic techniques and how it links to the themes, so u think themes will come up again?
Btw the book was written before the spanish civil war right? so how does the book link with the war?

That's true!- I just think themes as a whole hasn't come up yet so its a possibility. But I think a particular event or scene is the best prediction!

Como agua para chocolate was written in 1989 but was based during the mexican revolution from 1910-17.The mexican revolution is also known as the mexican civil war- and it is completely different to the spanish civil war.
Reply 45
Original post by myrimyrisauce
you're doing two!? wow we only have to study one!

yeah i probably shouldnt trust my teachers on that prediction as they've been awful all year haha.

thank you!! going to practice writing an essay using those points now.

it looks like a lot of people are predicting the 'specific scene' question here, which i've never even talked about in my classes..

I know right!- my teachers must hate our class haha! I'm doing mar adentro though but using como aqua para chocolate if context comes up!

You're welcome!!:')

Um for Mar Adentro for the 'specific scene' I did when he flies out of the window and sees Julia walking on the beach, my points were:

1. Reflects the inner workings of his mind through using a dream - his only escape is through his dreams.
2. His connection with the sea- how it took his freedom.
3. Reflects his relationship with Julia.

x
Original post by RosieB9
That's true!- I just think themes as a whole hasn't come up yet so its a possibility. But I think a particular event or scene is the best prediction!

Como agua para chocolate was written in 1989 but was based during the mexican revolution from 1910-17.The mexican revolution is also known as the mexican civil war- and it is completely different to the spanish civil war.

Okay thanks!!!
Reply 47
Original post by karishmachabria
Okay thanks!!!

You're welcome:') xx
Reply 48
Maybe a specific scene linking to character? Or the relationship between two characters?
Reply 49
Original post by hannahkimb3rl3y
Is anybody doing the geographical study for the research based essay?

Hey, yh I'm doing it, have you got any predictions on what might come up?
Original post by ranbo
Hey, yh I'm doing it, have you got any predictions on what might come up?

I honestly have no idea, I am thinking maybe something along the lines of the economy . I looked at the specification this morning and within it it said they could ask us on key people - that hasn't come up yet.
What do you predict?
By the way, the exam has to be slightly easier because the exams were really harsh last year so the exam control complained? Also when you're talking about the scene question are you talking about a book or a play?

I'm doing Como Agua. :smile:
Reply 52
Is anybody doing the geographical study for the research based essay?

Hello, I am also doing the geographical question. I'm thinking that something about the medioambiente might come up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by bertollini17
By the way, the exam has to be slightly easier because the exams were really harsh last year so the exam control complained? Also when you're talking about the scene question are you talking about a book or a play?

The scene question could be about either a book/play/film - I'm doing Como Agua too and Mar Adentro :smile:
Reply 54
I honestly have no idea, I am thinking maybe something along the lines of the economy . I looked at the specification this morning and within it it said they could ask us on key people - that hasn't come up yet.
What do you predict?

I don't think they'll ask us about key people or at least I'm hoping they won't because I don't know any information about that.
Reply 55
Original post by RosieB9
The scene question could be about either a book/play/film - I'm doing Como Agua too and Mar Adentro :smile:

Yeah I definitely think a scene could come up, maybe linked to the message of the book/film?
Reply 56
Original post by liz0123
Yeah I definitely think a scene could come up, maybe linked to the message of the book/film?

Me too! Yeah I think it will be something along the lines of... "Describe a scene in the play/book/film you have studied and how it reflects the main theme of the story." Maybe?
Reply 57
Original post by bertollini17

I hadn't heard about that, I really hope so! The RBE question for literature last year (it was a mix of techniques and theme) was hard I thought, and also the translation had some quite obscure vocabulary in it.

The scene question is for the literature question, for which you could either do a book, play or film. I'm doing a film, Volver.

I also think a scene question would be quite likely because it's the only thing that hasn't come up yet, perhaps one mixed with characters.
Reply 58
Original post by RosieB9
Me too! Yeah I think it will be something along the lines of... "Describe a scene in the play/book/film you have studied and how it reflects the main theme of the story." Maybe?

Yep that definitely could be possible as a scene hasn't come up yet, I would be pleased if it does! Themes have come up a few times though so not sure if they will use them again but you never know! They might link a scene to the historical/social background and how it helps to show that maybe?
Reply 59
Original post by liz0123
Yep that definitely could be possible as a scene hasn't come up yet, I would be pleased if it does! Themes have come up a few times though so not sure if they will use them again but you never know! They might link a scene to the historical/social background and how it helps to show that maybe?

That's very true!- I'm just not sure what else they could link with a scene? It would be impossible to do context linked with it omg!- what would you write for mar adentro??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending